Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Sika Buck !!!!!!!!!

Old 03-17-2007, 03:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default Sika Buck !!!!!!!!!

I just spent a the better part of a week at Crystal Creek ranch that is part of the Chambers bowhunts property's and it was a great sucess, Five of us harvested 10 animals in just TWO evening hunts!!!!! A lot of fists and a TON of memories were made as well as lifelong friends......

It was Wed. evening and it was very, very hot and sunny while I huddled down between two white brush bushes and did not even move a muscle while I had some white tails just down wind of me, feeding and browsing (Wildlife Research Center Scent products are AWESOME!!) The whitetails fed past me and disappeared into the distance. It was not long before I caught more movement in the brush , it was six Axis bucks that were in velvet , the biggest being around 24 inches with some very nice eye gaurds!! My heart was about to EXPLODE and my knee's were a knocking as I let them feed around me, then all of the sudden I heard a very high pitched scream of sorts and animals were running everwhere!!!

The only thing that did not run off ws the three Sika bucks that had snuck up on me while I was being amazed at tghe beauty of the axis....It seemed the Sika did not like the axis being to close so one of them squealed loud and ran them off, needless to say it was GAME ON!!!! I watched them work their way in the brush and they closed the distance, all I needed was ONE MORE STEP!! I had already been at full draw for over a minute and all at once all three step forward.. Now I had a delima at hand and a big choice to make. The Sika buck I was after was standing very close to another younger buck, So I did what I'm good at, I held mt trusty Mathews and concentrated very hard on the very small target area I had...One deep breath, and squeeze, in a instance I could see the Lumnock lighting its path to the target!! In a mere blink of an eye the Muzzy tipped Maxima had found its intended target. As my Sika made a few jumps the arrow was through its target and on the ground, a mere 60 yards later the fine looking animal was on the ground!! My very first Exotic was on the ground, I was in utter amazement at its beauty!!! I would like to extend a very special thank you to Hips Archery Targets for the chance to participate in such a wonderful hunt!![/align][/align][/align]
Old 03-17-2007, 04:17 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Sika Buck !!!!!!!!!

Very nice! Congrat's
Old 03-17-2007, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on Buck and enjoying the hunt.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nice going Dale, call me when it's dinner time. I've been working on the West Side of Ft. Worth, won't take me long to get there.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Typical Buck

You just missed supper Rev... but I will torture you and tell you how GOOD IT WAS!!!LOL!! I think I have found possibly the best tasting meat on the planet!!
Old 03-17-2007, 06:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Tuffbroadhead

You just missed supper Rev... but I will torture you and tell you how GOOD IT WAS!!!LOL!! I think I have found possibly the best tasting meat on the planet!!
Too bad, but I am stuffed too. I worked today at Wild Gamefest in Alvarado, I worked the www.livehunt.com booth with the owners of the site great Christian people. Gamefest is awesome. It's free, wild game cooked every way you can think of, and the nice thing the food is free too. I had some axis that was out of this world today. I'll remind you next year of it. We raised money today for Prison Convict Ministry, we did real good...
Take care, I am still waiting on that burger from Skinny's.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:55 PM
Typical Buck

Good going tuff broadhead. Sika is some pretty good eating venison but I rank it under axis though.

I took a nice sika myself in December , here is what it looks like in an after photo!

Old 03-18-2007, 07:41 AM
Typical Buck

Dang ....all the sasugage looks GOOD!!!
Old 03-19-2007, 12:26 PM

Nice Sika! Some saySika is not worth eating??? Its all in the preperation. Nice shootin'.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:44 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats Nice Sika

Quick Reply: Sika Buck !!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.