Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 retake::: do calls work for pigs???? >

retake::: do calls work for pigs????

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

retake::: do calls work for pigs????

Old 03-09-2007, 11:08 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: retake::: do calls work for pigs????

ORIGINAL: WabashHunter

Hey Rebel Hog, I sent you a PM did you get it by chance???
I sent it to Quicksilver! I thought it was sent to him! Ithad someone elses name on it!Hey, resend it?
Old 03-09-2007, 12:54 PM

I'll resend it thanks.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:25 PM
usa
Fork Horn

My experience with pig e-calls and distressed piglet mouth calls has been non-productive in fact another hunter was in a position to watch some hogs that I was trying to call said as soon as I used the distressed piglet call they hightailed it out of dodge. I also have used it to try to call coyotes in with no luck. I do use a subtle hog grunt when I'm sneaking thru heavy brush and that seems to calm them down.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:17 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

ORIGINAL: Tree climber

as far as being legal in Fla. to use a recorded device to take any game animal,I have never found a WMA. that does allow it.there may be one, but not that I know of.
you can use them to call non game, crows,coyotes,fox(but not to shot the fox), cat (in season).
Same here TC, and I have been taking Hogs in FLsince the early 50's before some of these young bucks were born.
dang reb you telling your age
Old 03-10-2007, 01:03 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sewer Rat

You stated in another thread that e-calls are illegal in Florida... I pointed out that you were wrong... you changed your arguement to illegal in WMAs... I attempted to prove my point there as well, but as I stated in the other thread, if you asked several different FWC officers, you would get several different responses... the FWC Capt did admit that it was dependent on the particular WMA and how the FWC officer interprets that reg.

So, while I did not disprove your statement, I did not prove your statement either (re:WMAs). But, I did disprove your initial statement that e-calls are illegal in FL.
sewer rat i don't know what kind of problem that you have with rebel hog but after reading his posts a long as i have i have learned that he never tries to lead someone into doing something illegal. if he says that he has contacted the fwc and they said its illegal i would bet your butt that its illegal. one last thing if the person that you have talked to said that its legal i would get it in writing you might need it in court
Old 03-10-2007, 08:55 AM
Fork Horn

NCBearhunter - I do not have a problem with Rebel Hog, he has proven himself to be a gentlemen.

Those that know me, can say the samething....
Old 03-10-2007, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator

I know Sewer Rat and I can say 'yes' Rebel Hog is a gentleman.

Old 03-10-2007, 11:02 AM
Dominant Buck

The reason nc bearhunter made those commits about me, is because he and I hunted hogs in the same area years ago.

Remember the old days in Gulf Hammock and Yankee Towne, nc hunter?Where does time go?

Do you still go to the Archery Shop in Maggie Valley, NC? I tried to meet Giterbay in NE TN one year, but his job had him tied-up. I have been to his hoghunting grounds in New Port, TN.Up there you have to have one leg shorter than the other to run after them dogs!!!
Old 03-10-2007, 06:41 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

The reason nc bearhunter made those commits about me, is because he and I hunted hogs in the same area years ago.

Remember the old days in Gulf Hammock and Yankee Towne, nc hunter?Where does time go?

Do you still go to the Archery Shop in Maggie Valley, NC? I tried to meet Giterbay in NE TN one year, but his job had him tied-up. I have been to his hoghunting grounds in New Port, TN.Up there you have to have one leg shorter than the other to run after them dogs!!!
you don't have to have one leg shorter than the other if you go straight up and down we need to get old sewer rat and take him hunting down in horseshoe pig hunting he will like those old boys over there. i am going to try to go there this fall who knows
Old 03-10-2007, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: nc bearhunter

we need to get old sewer rat and take him hunting down in horseshoe pig hunting he will like those old boys over there. i am going to try to go there this fall who knows
I am game... if you guys are LOL

Quick Reply: retake::: do calls work for pigs????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.