Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

what is the fine for

Old 02-14-2007, 09:03 AM

Default what is the fine for

What is the fine if someone intentionallystocks hogson their land and they escape that property onto public land?

Isn't it possible to have several hundred acres of your own land and place 20 sows and 5 boars on it in hopes of letting them free range there until you gather them up for slaughter?
Old 02-14-2007, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what is the fine for

I believe that they just propsed new legislation to deal with that issue.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Hog hunting in FL is year round on private property. If your hogs come on my property, they become my property. If they go on a WMA, they become property of the state.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:09 AM
Spike

Bailey, I'm sure that the question can only be answered on a state by state basis. In TX the TAHC controls the transfer related to the human movement of hogs. Here it has not been closely monitored but it appears that the TAHC is now contacting a number of the peole that are involved in stocking for hunting and there appears to be considerable concern from some of those people.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BaileyHill

What is the fine if someone intentionallystocks hogson their land and they escape that property onto public land?

Isn't it possible to have several hundred acres of your own land and place 20 sows and 5 boars on it in hopes of letting them free range there until you gather them up for slaughter?
Keep in mind, I'm in Illinois where our conservation department has a fierce no-tolerance attitude toward the introduction of 'wild hogs'.

If your suggesting this as an agricultural practice and your suggesting these hogs are livestock, then you're going to find yourself liable for any personal or property damage they cause when they wander off your property. If your introducing them as wild stock, you face some nasty problems with more than one government agency because of the possibility of introducing disease, violating laws regulating the importation of non-native species and a myriad of regulations you haven't thought of.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:40 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

No way. 25 hogs would be off of several hundred acres the first night. Fence won't keep them there, they will root under it. You turn 25 loose you will not gather all of them back up as you say.

Likely it is illegal to do unless you have permits from the state. You aren't going to get it for hogs.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:42 PM

As much fun as they are too shoot. . .It would be more than irresponsible to turn any of those bad boys loose on purpose . . . .legal or not. . . .they are not native and don't belong . . . .[:@]
Old 02-15-2007, 10:31 AM

ORIGINAL: mez

No way. 25 hogs would be off of several hundred acres the first night. Fence won't keep them there, they will root under it. You turn 25 loose you will not gather all of them back up as you say.

Likely it is illegal to do unless you have permits from the state. You aren't going to get it for hogs.
fence and good hot wire keeps them in
Old 02-15-2007, 10:32 AM

ORIGINAL: BaileyHill

what state do you plan on doing this in
Old 02-15-2007, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

fence and good hot wire keeps them in
They will go right through if they want out or in. I've seen them run straight through 5 strand barb wire fences like they are not there. They put their nose under the bottom wire and just run through them. If the wire is too tight for them to go under I've seen them break them. Also we grow watermelons and have a hot wire around them and they will just squeal and go right on through it. On our traps we've had them break more than 17 welds on cattle panels and escape. You might keep them in for awhile but if the decide they don't want to be there they will find a way out.

Quick Reply: what is the fine for

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.