Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

2/10 RIVER HOGS

Old 02-11-2007, 10:42 AM

Default 2/10 RIVER HOGS

made a hunt down on the Red witha few newbies yesterday,hhadn't hunted the place in almost a year.
dogs hit pigs right off and as we thought they would ,across the river they went .Flo and a pup Brin stayed with em .after a few stops they finally had em bayed solid,but we still hadn't found a way across.after 45 min. finally got across and to em to find 5 pigs bayed up in what we called the Elephant grass,dont really know what its called,its tall and thick.turned Zeke in to em and a 150 lb sow caught .
.my nephew Brian,newbie, leadin dogs out thru the grass
after we got her loaded up i was takin people back to the other wheelers so my bro took a fresh set of dogs on the ground ,Joker and Briar, my 2 young dogs and got em goin into the wind.
we had about made it back to where they were headed ,stopped to listen for em and heard dogs bayed ,asked my bro Art if they had a bay goin and he responded" no ,we got a big hog down and need some help." finally made it to em and for sure they had a BIG boar down and tied.
my son Jake ,the hog hog .thinks hes the only 1 that can flip a hog.LOL
JOker and Briar makin a hand and wore out
rhino fullof swine
figured we better get out before dark so we headed out to load up.almost get back to the house and Art calls to see where we are.saw some pigs on the edge of the wheat and we had all the dogs on my trailer.got to em and sent Ranger and Flo along the field and in a short order had a 125 lb sow bayed and Zeke did the catchin.
the boar weighed 296 with only 1 cutter that was 3 in. the other was busted off or he might of did some damage to old Zeke. we have plenty of good cath dogs but it seems hes the 1 that always gets the call.Ranger ,Flo and ANN
Old 02-11-2007, 05:52 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: 2/10 RIVER HOGS

ORIGINAL: okie 1

Ranger ,Flo and ANN
Like them there Dogs!Especially the two on the right!
Old 02-11-2007, 06:25 PM

thanks Rebel, Flo on the right is B/M and Ann is mt.cur,all 3 are super strike dogs thats trainin the pups pretty good
Old 02-11-2007, 06:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Looks like you all had a blast.. Thats pig hunting.. fun, fun, fun.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

what do you do with them?
Old 02-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Allseasonhunter7

what do you do with them?
Hey! We don't eat Dogs!
Old 02-13-2007, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

well i dont see any guns bow or knifes... are those alive ?
Old 02-13-2007, 05:00 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Nice Okie!! Looks like you had a good hunt. Congrats on the pigs.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:01 PM

those 2 are doin good in the pen but the last sow we caught died ,guess the dogs messed her up more than we thought or just stress.
our freezers stay pretty well stocked in pork. and the res6t are used to train and we sell to some buyers uo north
Old 02-14-2007, 07:27 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

We ran into the same thing Okie, the boars do fine buta lot of the sows would die. I'm a veterinarian and hunt with 2 others so we sedate the pigs as soon as they are tied.Took care of the problem. I think it is due to stress and the sows don't handle it as well.

Quick Reply: 2/10 RIVER HOGS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.