Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Axis deer

Old 02-01-2007, 10:14 AM

Default Axis deer

Looking for a Texas location to take axis deer. On a budget and would like the most bang for the buck. Don't want a massive trophy, just one nice enough to get mounted. If you can put me on a decent ranch, please do.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Axis deer

You might want to ask here:

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php
Old 02-01-2007, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

There was a place up near Chico Tx..can't remember the name but it maybe on the forum mentioned above.If nothing else get a Axis doe hunt...best meat I've ever tasted and the hides are fantastic trophies!
Old 02-01-2007, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have some friends that Bowhunted Paradise Bowhunting Ranch (south portion of state) twice & are going again in the fall. Hunts Bowhunting in N.E. Corner of Tx.. Both have web pages.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:07 PM

ORIGINAL: RLoving1

best meat I've ever tasted and the hides are fantastic trophies!
Ive heard this before and makes me want to give it a try!
Is it better than elk?
Old 02-01-2007, 03:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: gene62

ORIGINAL: RLoving1

best meat I've ever tasted and the hides are fantastic trophies!
Ive heard this before and makes me want to give it a try!
Is it better than elk?
Don are you still working out at the lake? I need to catch up with you some time.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Elk is good don't get me wrong,the last I had was a yearling cow,Axis is a pretty cheap hunt for does (400.00) and it's a year around season.I would take Axis meat over whitetail in a heartbeat! I still enjoy whitetail meat but yes Axis in my opinion is the best!Most meat that is sold commercially as deer is axis,most of it is fed good protein verses average deer brouse for anything.Look at most management hunts for whitetailin Texas,2000.00 and up(can't eat the antlers) and you get 1 deer,axis doe hunts 400 a deer and you get great table fare and something different for a trophy(the hide) and you can aford 3 cheaper than the native game! And there's alot of them in Texas!Be different and give it a try!Axis bucks can go for 1500 up depending on size of rack on some operations.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with Rl. Axis is the best.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: befus

Looking for a Texas location to take axis deer. On a budget and would like the most bang for the buck. Don't want a massive trophy, just one nice enough to get mounted. If you can put me on a decent ranch, please do.
Do you bow hunt?
Old 02-01-2007, 09:10 PM

[/quote]

Don are you still working out at the lake? I need to catch up with you some time.
[/quote]

No Rev I dont work Jan-march 10th Just hunt!
I havnt forgot about you but the seismographers are at my place right now dozing and pounding the ground looking for oil.
They should be through by the mid of Feb and I'll give you a call and see about putting you on a hog or 2 or 3.

Don

Quick Reply: Axis deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.