HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hogs and Exotics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics-73/)
-   -   went huntin' yesterday morning (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics/177467-went-huntin-yesterday-morning.html)

huntnma 01-27-2007 07:02 AM

went huntin' yesterday morning

i met fhh at the parking area @ 5:00 a.m. and we hit the woods, he brought his bulldog reb, we walked and walked and nothing , but he saw where i cleared , so i was happy, lol....it was still dark... we went and crossed the powerline at fhh's suggestion and it wasn't 5 minutes later, fhh said he heard a grunt, i thought i heard it as well, then we really heard it and the a wooof, so we headed in after it, Ol Reb held it and we made it to him through some thick ass palmettos...He fell about 5 feet from it, i was suppose to grab it and he was suppose to stick it, but i couldn't reach the leg, so i ended up sticking it and he held it, it died so quick, matter of seconds......it was a big ol sow. thought it was a boar because it didn't squeal, let me tell y'all.this was one bad sow in her day, she had just a piece of her ear on one side, she had a ridge down her back 5, maybe 6 inches long, allllllll the way down, she had about 3/4 - 1'' cutters,but she was old, really old, so old that when i went to skin her out, i went to grab what should of been backstrap and all i hit was bone....she had no meat one her.....ended up tossin her in the gut pile..we probably would got a sandwich or two off of her, kinda sucked, but the ridge made up for it....she was salt and pepper on her sides and blk. on the face, she was a pretty ol thing....i ended up asking anyone if they wanted the hams and they all said it was a waste of time.....i believe she weighed 76 or 78 lbs.Reb did an awesome job for being by himself.we called ATS at 6:45 a.m. to share it with him, lol........thoguht it was saturday, lol....

she even had the wooley looking hairs under the straight ones, it was so cool.......

kurdog 01-27-2007 10:22 AM

RE: went huntin' yesterday morning

good job.. hogs ,dogs and knives .way to go

Deleted User 01-27-2007 12:31 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

huntnma 01-27-2007 05:00 PM

ORIGINAL: chicksrule

congrats but thats 1 ugly hog
thanks....:) it's all in the eyes of the beholder, lol.......;):):D

The Rev 01-27-2007 05:17 PM

ORIGINAL: huntnma

ORIGINAL: chicksrule

congrats but thats 1 ugly hog
thanks....:) it's all in the eyes of the beholder, lol.......;):):D

Nicepig.. I thought it was all in the eyes of the Bowholder.:D:D

Rebel Hog 01-27-2007 08:25 PM

Way to go girl! Hey good story and like that dog Reb! Good ole Fl hunt!!!!!