Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 What is happening to this wonderful forum? >

What is happening to this wonderful forum?

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

What is happening to this wonderful forum?

Old 01-10-2007, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default What is happening to this wonderful forum?

I have noticed that it is becoming unpleasant for me to read most of the posts on this forum. I live in the north country and the only way I get to hunt hogs and exotics is through stories and pictures posted on here. I have been amazed to see that I can not go on to any post without finding a battle of childish name calling. We all agree and disagree with lots of hunts, hunting methods, gear, ext. but that is no reason for anyone to attack others for their choices in this sport. I do not know if it is just that time of the year or what but it seems that it has been happening mostly in the last month.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:44 PM

Default RE: What is happening to this wonderful forum?

I'm with you RANKBULL. If I wanted to hear a bunch of arguing, I'd go home to my wife. Instead, I'd rather read about huntin'.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:16 PM
Fork Horn

I agree!
Old 01-10-2007, 06:40 PM

rankbull, you are correct. Formost of my life i was very limited in my hunting. Now i am 67 years old and feel blessed that i can hunt deerfor 3.5 months of the year and hunt hogs at will.There is no reason for us to get all blown out of shape with each other.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think it's that time of the month for some whinny babies...
Old 01-11-2007, 12:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well glad to see that I am not alone. The arguments on here have become disgraceful. I just think if someone disagrees then their can be a debate, but debates do not have name calling or other garbage. The thing that really gets me is that the childish behavior has spread to most of the topics under this portion of the forum. A sad time it is when someone can not even read a story about a hunt without having to see someone’s opinion about a hunting technique or style. We must remember that there are hundreds of guests that scan through here. there are many people who come here to learn, it is scary to think of what the future of hunting may be if this behavior becomes the norm.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

There are actually relatively few who engage in the name-calling. I don't see "discussion" of issues as a bad thing, but, occasionally certain members are unable to articulate a rational response to an argument so they counter with name-calling. Don't let those few turn you off to the forum.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:54 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey Bull, any Forum on HNI will get you an Arguement or name calling on the subject of Can Hunting!
I personally have never done it, but if that is something some others like, go forit!
Old 01-11-2007, 01:19 PM

You gentlemen are correct. Maybe I went too far in defending myself.
My initial intention was to relay my weekend hunt at a preserve in PA for feral hogs and a mouflon ram. I thought it befitting to recount the hunt in this forum.
Upon my review after completing my post, I soon found an angry rebuttal to my post which I resented and followed up with my own retort.
I apologize to you all for the ongoing argument in this forum. I tried to maintain an adult level of arguing my point, however, I see it annoyed some of you and rightfully so. We can and should discuss our hunts and views rationally and without bias.
My sincerest apologies to all of you.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:42 PM

If that wasn't a canned apology I don't know what it was!

Quick Reply: What is happening to this wonderful forum?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.