HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hogs and Exotics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics-73/)
-   -   Looking for GA hog hunt (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics/173761-looking-ga-hog-hunt.html)

JoeA 01-05-2007 07:28 PM

Looking for GA hog hunt

Hey gang,
I'm headed to GA in late May to the Atlanta area. Does anyone have recommendations for a good guided or semi-guided hog hunt operation within 2-3 hours of Atlanta?

Billoneshot 01-05-2007 10:27 PM

RE: Looking for GA hog hunt

If anyone responds I would also like to know. I live north of Atlanta and there is nothing up this way. Everything is in the southern part of Ga. If I hear anything I will let you know as well.

childers 01-06-2007 06:44 AM

south ga, south carolina, tennessee

tfransi 01-06-2007 08:27 AM

I live in Middle Georgia and there is only one in thisarea that I know about right off and it is Red Hawk Plantation located in Hawkinsville. I know they have a web site so you may want to check into them. If I think of any others I will let you know.

sky_guy_61 01-08-2007 09:37 AM

I dont know about private hunts, but there is a Feral Hog hunt on Feb 2-8 on the CohuttaWMA in North Ga (part of the Chattahoochie NF). You just need a WMA stamp. I was thinking about going since deer season is over and I have never even seen a hog while hunting.
I was on a deer hunt this weekend at Clarks Hill wma. Ranger said there are plenty of hogs there. I saw plenty of sign, but no hogs.

Billoneshot 01-09-2007 08:58 PM

How do you get a WMA stamp? I may be interested in this hunt. How far is this place from Atlanta?

gahoghntr 01-10-2007 08:29 AM

you can get a wma stamp anywhere they sell liscences

COLLARDVALLEYHUNTER 09-14-2007 09:40 PM

cedartown ga has a hog hunting place it 1 to 1 1/2 hr from you . they use dogs to run the hogs . if still interested ill get the # for you . you can hunt from a stand , ground , or bring your one dogs . ill find out . i no the man but havent seen him this year .he sells us hay .

childers 09-16-2007 07:19 PM

i always hunt in bartow county for my local hogs but travel for the big ones

kdvollmer 09-17-2007 01:04 AM

Another option if you are think you can get by without a guide it to head to the Savannah area. 3-4 hours from atlanta. If you go to Fort Stewart (army base) and check in at the out door rec center. There are a ton of pigs there, if you know how to hunt them you shouldn't have too much trouble there, you just have to ask what areas are holdig them right now. Best place to find that out is almost right across the street from where you check in at a place called range control. Those are the guys taht are out all over post and can tell you where they have been seeing them.

Good luck to you.