Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 Oklahoma Boar with my Guardian >

Oklahoma Boar with my Guardian

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Oklahoma Boar with my Guardian

Old 01-06-2007, 09:15 PM

Default RE: Oklahoma Boar with my Guardian

ORIGINAL: ryanaller

ORIGINAL: KC10Chief

That's not by any hance public land you shot him on was it? I live in OKC as well and am looking for a good place to hog hunt!
No it isn't, I have farm land south of lawton and they are on one of my creeks.
Aah. Well if those hogs are ever getting out of hand and you need help, just let me know!
Old 01-07-2007, 04:19 PM
Typical Buck

I live in del city.....I have heard that there is a good hog population up at Canton WMA. Did you hunt public land for deer this year? If so did you do any good?
Old 01-07-2007, 04:45 PM
Typical Buck

Ryanaller
Congrats on the boar ,my question to you is how do you like the Guardian Bowtech? We haven't been able to get them up here in Alberta yet ,so I'm going on a lot to what is being said about it. Thearchery lanes where I shoot has had 3 on order for 3 months but nothing has shown up. Any info would be appreciated.
Youngfart[8D]
Old 01-08-2007, 06:22 PM

ORIGINAL: davs2601

I live in del city.....I have heard that there is a good hog population up at Canton WMA. Did you hunt public land for deer this year? If so did you do any good?
I live on Tinker AFB a few miles away from you. I've heard that there are lots of hogs out at Canton too. I've been planning to go out there and check it out sometime. As a matter of fact, I had never considered hog hunting until a buddy was out at Canton scouting for turkey and told me that he encountered several wild hogs. But we have been going down to Love Valley WMA and I've shot a hog every time I've been there. Those things are all over down there. Lately though, the wildlife department has been out there with a helicopter and a machine gun shooting all the hogs. Yet we can't shoot them at night. Oklahoma is stupid sometimes.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:02 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: KC10Chief

ORIGINAL: davs2601

I live on Tinker AFB a few miles away from you. I've heard that there are lots of hogs out at Canton too. I've been planning to go out there and check it out sometime. As a matter of fact, I had never considered hog hunting until a buddy was out at Canton scouting for turkey and told me that he encountered several wild hogs. But we have been going down to Love Valley WMA and I've shot a hog every time I've been there. Those things are all over down there. Lately though, the wildlife department has been out there with a helicopter and a machine gun shooting all the hogs. Yet we can't shoot them at night. Oklahoma is stupid sometimes.
Small world, I work out at Tinker. Canton seems like it would be a good hunting area, I just never got enough time to get out there and check it out well. Since you are in the military have you checked into hunting Ft. Sill? I have heard great things about it. I went down and took my range course so I could have access to hunt but I didnt make it down there for the elk and deer drawings. Check into it a get your class out of the way, I can give you the nuber if you need it.
I may have to make a trip to love valley, I can help thin then out. Actually next month I will be down that way with Safari Club International for a hog hunt, I may have to make a pit stop there to check it out.
Oh by the way if you are looking for any predator hunts check out Altus-Lugert. I was out two sundays ago, right after the rains and there were tons of coyote and bobcat tracks. Check out the south section off highway 9 it runs next to the lake. Just be carefull of the road if there has been any rain. Its mostly sand and you will sink in a hurry.....i found that out last trip as well.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Typical Buck

Ft. Sill is a diamond in the rough, and for the most part isn't that crowded during the seasons.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:01 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: ryanaller

Ft. Sill is a diamond in the rough, and for the most part isn't that crowded during the seasons.

The only problem I had this season was that thier gun hunts are all on the weekends and I had trouble getting out there for archery. Next year I will have to take some time off and get out there during the week
Old 01-24-2007, 01:18 AM
Typical Buck

KC10Chief I sent you a pm
Old 01-25-2007, 10:04 AM

nice pig, nice bow....
Old 01-26-2007, 01:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice shooting

Quick Reply: Oklahoma Boar with my Guardian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.