HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hogs and Exotics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics-73/)
-   -   Should i try and get him??? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics/166459-should-i-try-get-him.html)

Hunter06FlKy 11-22-2006 05:24 PM

Should i try and get him???

out on a lease that i hunt, a couple of the guys have been seeing a monster boar. i'm saying huge from the accounts of the people. what i want to know is, should i try and get this pig??? i know that meat from big pigs usually isn't all that great, but i was thinking... what if i just had it all processed into sausage??? what would ya'll do???

Red Hawk 11-22-2006 06:44 PM

RE: Should i try and get him???

I'd definetly go for it :)

huntnma 11-23-2006 04:02 AM

me too............

CamoCop 11-23-2006 04:23 AM

kill'm and grill'm!

after you shoot one that big, skin him, quarter him and place the meat in a big ice chest. get about 5-7 gallons of vinager to pour in the ice chest and cover with ice. let the meat soak in the vinager for 24-36 hours (making sure it stays iced down). this will take the "game" taste out of it and it will also tenderize the meat.

Who 11-23-2006 03:37 PM

Get Him Scored! Then post photo's!

txjourneyman 11-23-2006 07:16 PM

Heck Yeah! I wanna go too!

Red Hawk 11-23-2006 07:23 PM

:Dbetter yet, i'll go with you

Rebel Hog 11-24-2006 07:49 AM

Go for it! Just hope you don't kill it to far from the truck!:D:D:DGood Luck!

Hunter06FlKy 11-24-2006 12:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

yeah that's for sure. where i hunt you can usually at least get a four-wheeler to him one way or another but where he's been seen is right near one of the grated roads. ya'll think my 30-06 with 150gr. power points would be enough or should i take along a heavier load just in case???

CamoCop 11-24-2006 07:37 PM

that's plenty, i use to kill'm with .22LR rounds (head shots).

CamoCop 11-24-2006 08:44 PM

also, before i get jumped on for my last statement reguarding using the .22LR for hogs, let me explain. here in Florida some WMA's allow you to hunt hogs during the small game season however they do not allow you to use centerfire rifles. so this leaves only the .22LR and shotgun. so i use the .22LR when i hunt squirrels (to help save the meat) and when i'd see a hog i'd head shoot it.

Rebel Hog 11-25-2006 05:50 AM

ORIGINAL: Hunter06FlKy

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

yeah that's for sure. where i hunt you can usually at least get a four-wheeler to him one way or another but where he's been seen is right near one of the grated roads. ya'll think my 30-06 with 150gr. power points would be enough or should i take along a heavier load just in case???
That's plenty!

Hunter06FlKy 11-26-2006 11:43 AM

yeah i just went and talked to my neighbor who's on the lease and he was saying that they wanted to get one of those big hogs so that's going to be my mission.

digiovannidd 11-27-2006 06:53 PM

the bigger they are they harder they fall. and you always get the bragging rights