Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Texas hogs & whitetails!

Old 10-31-2006, 08:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Texas hogs & whitetails!

ORIGINAL: The Rev

and North Texan I think you've been smoking something funny...... Look at some of the pictures on this forum.. Young, Palo Pinto Co. are going nuts with hogs. I seen as many as 60 in a herd feeding at one time. By the way, we've got plenty of deer... I can hunt either Ok and Texas, I will hunt Ok if I have to go there for another reason, and I squeeze in a hunt here and there. I've to a 160 class buck or better I've been chasing in Parker Co. I am planning on taking him tomorrow or Wed. That's the plan, the buck may have a different plan.

Actually South Texas is better for both. I have family there, and they make big bucks fromcity folk.

Oh, and death and destruction to the horny infidels at University of Texas-Austin..

Don't believe him, except for that lastpart. Throckmorton, Young, and Stephens counties have very, very small populations of deer and hogs. Hardly huntable. I just hunt there because I can't afford to hunt anywhere else.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ipscshooter

I, and I believe, North Texan, were joking... We'd like to keep our hogs and our deer for ourselves. Apparently some have missed the Texan sense of humor...

[Obi-wan]There is nothing to see here. Look over there...[/Obi-wan]
Loose lips sink ships, or something like that.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:57 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: The Rev

ORIGINAL: ipscshooter

[yoda]No hogs there are in Texas. Small are the deer. To Oklahoma must you go. [/yoda]

I think your still mad over the Texas, OU game... HOOK EM HORNS...

and North Texan I think you've been smoking something funny...... Look at some of the pictures on this forum.. Young, Palo Pinto Co. are going nuts with hogs. I seen as many as 60 in a herd feeding at one time. By the way, we've got plenty of deer... I can hunt either Ok and Texas, I will hunt Ok if I have to go there for another reason, and I squeeze in a hunt here and there. I've to a 160 class buck or better I've been chasing in Parker Co. I am planning on taking him tomorrow or Wed. That's the plan, the buck may have a different plan.

Actually South Texas is better for both. I have family there, and they make big bucks fromcity folk.
Good one Rev..

Ill agree about the hogs. The market took a dive on hogs so the trappers are not messing with them. We are eat up right now. As for the deer, it all depends on where you are hunting. In the hill country, there are many nice deer. Even around here it is relative. My land in Jayton has some nice Bucks on it and a stretch of land I hunt in Brock has many nice deer, where my lease in Moran is not very good for deer, but great for turkey.

Old 11-01-2006, 07:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well, where I hunt ( Parker Co.near Weatherford)is full of Whitetail, andfew hogs. I saw turkeys all the time last year. This year, I've heard some toms, but I haven't seen one to shoot...
I've been chasing a monster whitetail, he's been eluding me, but I'll get him this week for sure. I changed my tree stand to another location, he can't give me the slip there. ( I hope)
Bob <><
Old 11-02-2006, 06:09 PM

where in texas do you want to go
Old 11-02-2006, 06:27 PM

ORIGINAL: greenhead911

where in texas do you want to go
Anywhere as long as its to a good place!
Old 11-02-2006, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: huntquest

I need a place to take about 6 guys to hunt hogs & whitetails in Texas. Any weapon will work. Any one know a good place?
Got a couple of ranches in NW TX that has really good whitetail (130+ for an average shooter)and has a lot of hogs on it and some of them are very large hogs (client shot a 500 pounder). All free range. Call me 1-877-647-9926 or email me for more detailed info.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

SJ, I was checking out your website (nice website by the way), when I ran across this:

With the
newly aquired 4500 acre addition of the, "Upshaw County" school property, ( Famous for it's deer and turkey with the [/align]local hunters ) this hunt now takes place on over 12,000 [/align]private acres of prime trophy whitetail habitat.[/align]

It's actuallythe"Upshur County".

I'm not sure which part of the Upshur County school land this is, but I know there BIG hogs on both places. I came across a hog up there one day I thought was the biggest hog I'd ever seen in my life.........until I watched it run into the brush next to another hog that dwarfed it.[:-]

[/align]
Old 11-07-2006, 03:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've been chasing a monster whitetail, he's been eluding me,
Well stop eating those POLLACK sausages before you go on stand.

I tell ya mate deer can smell ya farts from a mile away
Old 11-07-2006, 10:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

I've been chasing a monster whitetail, he's been eluding me,
Well stop eating those POLLACK sausages before you go on stand.

I tell ya mate deer can smell ya farts from a mile away

Look out for The Rev!!

Quick Reply: Texas hogs & whitetails!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.