HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hogs and Exotics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics-73/)
-   -   Homemade hog lights. CHEEP! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics/159860-homemade-hog-lights-cheep.html)

gene62 10-15-2006 08:04 PM

Homemade hog lights. CHEEP!

I had a thought so I ordered a cheep inverter 130watt30.00 went to wally world and bought a light with the motion sensor 16.00 put two 40 watt light bulbs in it used a 100 ft extension cord to the inverter from the light. because it humms loud. put the inverter in a small plastic container for rainy days. runs off a old car batteryIT WORKS GREAT OVER MY FEEDER FOR NIGHT HOG HUNTING! I only turn the switch on when I'm hunting over it and it can be set tostay on 1 min 5min or 10 min. under 60.00 lots better than spending 200-300 for commercial hog feeder lights! shoot thru scope with no spot light I love it. also don't have to keep looking! light comes on and you know they are there.

greenhead911 10-15-2006 11:04 PM

RE: Homemade hog lights. CHEEP!

i ve been working on a feeder light for a while now
but that mightjust be the way for now i'll try that

SHoNUFF 10-22-2006 10:35 AM

what also works great are those little tactical barrel clips for a shot gun, they useually run around $15-20 here and you can pop a mag light in them and clip it on your stabalizer. cheap and effective

Kanga 10-22-2006 11:18 AM

Here is my hog light.

gene62 10-22-2006 12:49 PM

what im building is two lights that light up the whole arealike the light in your living room at home or porch light. Dont have to keep looking Hogs walk up and lights come on automaticly.

The Rev 10-22-2006 07:11 PM

ORIGINAL: gene62

what im building is two lights that light up the whole arealike the light in your living room at home or porch light. Dont have to keep looking Hogs walk up and lights come on automaticly.

Don, you have to excuse ( Russell) Ausey-Guy.. He talks very differently than we do.. Right Mate? :D:D:DYou now theCrockDundeething has gone to his head.:D

gene62 10-22-2006 09:36 PM

Rev I was just explaining what I was doing. I think He was thinking I was building a light for a gun or bow.

hotgunner21 10-23-2006 12:48 AM

hmm, ive never hunted hogs at night before and it would make sense that a ligth turning on when its pitch black out right over them would scare the be-jeebers out of them and send them running. is that true and are you all crazy or am i missing somehting?

gene62 10-23-2006 07:10 AM

No your not crazy! but hogs dont even look up when thelights come on.
But they turn into rockets when the gun goes off! Ive even had deer stay and eat while it's on. (young deer)

JeffS 10-23-2006 04:23 PM

After they get shot at a couple of times they learn what the light means. For the expereinced hogs you have about 3 seconds to shoot before they are gone. We have one rigged up with a foot pedal we can hit to turn the light on. We also covered ours with a red lenses and it doesn't seem to bother them. Luckily for us we have a friend who owns a big wire and cable supply store so we get the wiring free so we ran a wire form the breaker box to the blind where we hunt and don't have to mess with batteries anymore.