Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

stack of ham

Old 09-20-2006, 12:09 AM

Default stack of ham

Michelle and I hunted our new place again this evening,we got in there about 2 hours before dark,right away we heard boars tending sows off in the distance. we moved in closer and set up over looking a drainage area below one of the quarries.Shortly after setting up a huge boar slipped in and back out without ever giving us a shot,a few minutes later a big spotted sow came in ,Michelle was getting pretty shook up so I told her to take her time and shoot when she was ready ,she took aim and fired the hog squealed and took off,she only traveled about 100 yards and piled up,all of a sudden another hog busted from the brush a decent sized black one as it reached the top of the levy I fired and it dropped! Michelle stayed put as I walked the levy looking down into another valley for more hogs. I had traveled about 300 yards down the levy when I spotted a big black sow about 100 yards off I took aim and fired,she stumbled hit hard and 10-12 shoats followed ,I fired at one of those as well,both hogs ran about 100 yards and dropped less than 10 yards from each other! what a rush!

Old 09-20-2006, 12:14 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: stack of ham

looks good when is the bbq
Old 09-20-2006, 09:42 AM
Dominant Buck

Just curious, what do you do with all this meat?
Old 09-20-2006, 10:53 AM
Dominant Buck

Way to go Glenn and Michelle! Congrat's
Old 09-20-2006, 01:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

Just curious, what do you do with all this meat?

I was wondering the same thing. We used to have a herd of five come through our property, I put one in my freezer. Then I sawthree and now there is only one left. I found out last week the other ranchers were killing them and burning them... What ashame, I am going to try to get the last one before it just goes to waste.
Bob <><
Old 09-20-2006, 04:04 PM

I agree that it is not good to waste those animals which you have harvested. However, let's not forget that these are non-native animals that are consuming resources and destroying habitat that natives could use.

In my mind, there is nothing wrong with the extermination of non-native animals.

Nice hogs! What calibers are you folks using?
Old 09-20-2006, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

that last pic is awesome.........
Old 10-17-2006, 07:17 PM
Fork Horn

Man those are some nice pigs. How much do you think the big one weights?
Old 10-17-2006, 08:57 PM

what a day
nice looking pics
let us know what the big ones wieghed if you know

Old 10-17-2006, 09:31 PM

sorry for not replying sooner for some reason I'm not getting my email notification.

There are 7 of us in my house hold we eat as many as we can,the rest we give away to whoever needs it ,I give some to the local Mexican families and they sometimes give me tomales in return!
the black one weighed 215 and If I remember right the spotted one 185 .
we try not to ever waste edible meat!

Quick Reply: stack of ham

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.