HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hogs and Exotics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics-73/)
-   -   A great night with my cousin (no not like that) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics/143627-great-night-my-cousin-no-not-like.html)

260rem 05-27-2006 11:56 PM

A great night with my cousin (no not like that)

I got invited to go spotlighting on a cousins property in the central NSW wheat belt during a few days off work the other week.
I arrived just on sunset and helped cook dinner and set up the lights and within 45min we were picking off some rabbits.
We then worked our way up to foxes but as usually happens after we have shot a few we started telling stories and having a good laugh along with a couple of Cubans.
We were just going past a dam with a bit of scrub next to it when I saw a shape on the bank and I mentioned in passing that I didn’t know he had cattle on the place. He said that he didn’t and I said that I was sure that I saw a calf on the bank, so curious we drove back and right in the light a couple of pigs made off he slammed on the brakes and I jumped out with the rifle and took aim. Two shots and two dead boars latter we went and had a look, we were surprised to say the least, as we had never seen pigs on the place before.
All up we got about 2 dozen bunnies with my cousins Bruno .22 and 4 foxes and the 2 pigs with my Remington model 7 in 260rem.

Rebel Hog 05-28-2006 08:16 AM

RE: A great night with my cousin (no not like that)

Way to go Mate!

huntnma 05-28-2006 09:45 AM

wooooohooooooooooo

SHoNUFF 05-28-2006 11:18 AM

i saw the topic and said...WOW?? hahah anyway nice kill i need to break out tonight and get me one suppose to be in the mid 60s tonight.

JoeRE 05-28-2006 11:04 PM

SWEET! ....i'm in newcastle right now at the uni, if I had been here longer i'd of loved to get into some pigs or maybe roo here...

260rem 05-28-2006 11:55 PM

ORIGINAL: JoeRE
SWEET! ....i'm in newcastle right now at the uni, if I had been here longer i'd of loved to get into some pigs or maybe roo here...
How long are you down here for? as we say around here “things can be arranged”

JoeRE 05-29-2006 12:13 AM

Hey, thanks, I might take you up on that!! I'm actually here till July 1st but the next week or two are busy, finals and everything....
If you are serious and have any ideas let me know. Oh by the way that avatar of mine is from the uni archery club. lol. Recurve at 25 meters.

[email protected] (i check this one a little more often:D)

[email protected]

sorry but where I'm staying doesn't have a phone and I never got a mobile for just a semester...