HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hogs and Exotics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics-73/)
-   -   Should I be happy or aggravated? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics/137914-should-i-happy-aggravated.html)

Okie807 03-27-2006 08:28 PM

Should I be happy or aggravated?

Been hunting on a relatively small lease in NE Oklahoma for the last two deer seasons. Just saw turkeys for the first time on the lease about two weeks ago, and got really excited. Then went back this last weekend and found a bunch of hog sign. Lots of rooting in the woods, tracks and wallowing around a pond, etc. Actually mistook the tracks for deer, until I saw the rooting, because they've never been seen in the area before. Pretty disgusted with the whole situation. Is there any "bright side" to this? Not seeing it right now.

dr0ptin3 03-27-2006 08:51 PM

RE: Should I be happy or aggravated?

the only bright side is a whole lot of pork on the table. go bust some hogs.

burniegoeasily 03-28-2006 07:18 AM

If your turkeys have a good area to nest, the hogs wont bother them. If not, the hogs will eat the eggs. AS for deer, the hogs wont bother them at all. Ive watched hogs bully deer away from food, but never run them off. An up side, you can hunt hogs all year. Get a bow (if you dont have one) and get after them. Hunting hogs with a bow will do wonders sharpining your skills.

Tree climber 03-28-2006 07:35 AM

stuffed and smoked will thin the bunch.

every body keeps calling wanting sasuage.

Rebel Hog 03-28-2006 02:14 PM

Is there any "bright side" to this? Not seeing it right now.

I'd be doing some Hog huntingand then turkey hunting!

[/align]

gitrbayed 03-28-2006 02:36 PM

i'd be happy

kentlyone 03-30-2006 02:09 PM

Be happy, hog hunting is fun.

The Rev 03-30-2006 04:38 PM

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

If your turkeys have a good area to nest, the hogs wont bother them. If not, the hogs will eat the eggs. AS for deer, the hogs wont bother them at all. Ive watched hogs bully deer away from food, but never run them off. An up side, you can hunt hogs all year. Get a bow (if you dont have one) and get after them. Hunting hogs with a bow will do wonders sharpining your skills.

I second that,, there's nothing like pig hunting with a bow...

Rebel Hog 03-30-2006 07:14 PM

ORIGINAL: The Rev

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

I second that,, there's nothing like pig hunting with a bow...

D

bigboar23 03-30-2006 08:22 PM

I have video footage of a doe, 6 hogs and a flock of turkeys all eating together after a Florida storm. I've never seen them bother each other and I've never seen any signs of lack of nutrition because of hogs. Every species I harvest on that property is in perfect health. I wouldn't worry about it, I'd just become a hog hunter like the rest of us.........Then you'll just shoot deer and turkeys in your spare time! LOL!!!