Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

First pig with the 260rem

Old 02-21-2006, 10:17 PM

Default First pig with the 260rem

I thought that I might just post a pic of the first pig that I shot with my then new 260rem.
I went on a trip north to a 200,000ac property in QLD there are usually heaps of pigs and goats running around it but as we are in a drought numbers were down and we didn’t see any all week. The property owner feeling sorry for us decided to drive us around on our 2nd last day and see if he did any better. Well after about 5 hours of driving round we headed back to the homestead, when I saw 2 big pigs not 15m from the road we pulled to a stop and got off and they were gone. We stalked about 100-150m in when I spotted them 50m in front and to my left trotting away I lined up the bigger of the two and put a 120gr Taipan hollow point just behind its ribs and strait through its heart. So my trip was saved by a nice 80kg (170lb) sow. I took the owners spas 12 out for a stalk the following day and bagged two more the same size when I snuck up on some wallows that I was watching in a billabong so it turned out to be a good trip after all.

Old 02-21-2006, 10:40 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: First pig with the 260rem

Good Job Mate ! Congrat's
In 1960 I was in Sydney for 3 days.

I have a videoof Hunting Hogs Down Under, in the outback.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:54 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey 260, have you been talking to Ausie-guy? He is on here with us.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:17 PM
Dominant Buck

very nice. I love a 260. I would love to have an original savage model 99 in 260
Old 02-22-2006, 03:31 PM

Rebel Hog no I haven’t as of yet.

Burniegoeasily I have thought about getting one re-barrelled but I don’t like lever actions to much and I can work the model seven’s bolt just as fast as one anyway. But it would be a great choice for one.

Old 02-22-2006, 04:14 PM
Dominant Buck

260, the video I have of hog hunting down under, they are on dirt bikes and they are using .30-30's. They are so far from civilization, that the meat would spoil before they got back.
They are paid a bounty for each ear they bring back. They mention that hogs out number people 2 to 1 in Australia. When this video was made, they estimated that there were over twenty million hogs and ten million people.
I believe they are from NSW. Would have to watch the video again to catch all the hunters names mentioned.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

Hey 260, have you been talking to Ausie-guy? He is on here with us.

Yep you might know Auise-Guy... I call him the Great Blunder from Down Under! I have enclosed a picture of him to see if you recognize him.. He likes to ride on kids swings and slides.. Here a pic of I took of him on a recent outing to the city park... ENJOY!

Old 02-22-2006, 05:59 PM

There are a lot of people who hunt pigs from bikes down here but I don’t do it myself. As the place I go to is 200,000ac I like to drive around at a slow pace and when I spot a mob of pigs I knock it out of gear and roll to a stop and start a stalk I find that as pigs a blind past 50m if I watch the wind I can get really close to them. Other then that I like to park 500m for swamps or Billabongs and then stalk in this seems to work well on this place.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: 260rem

There are a lot of people who hunt pigs from bikes down here but I don’t do it myself. As the place I go to is 200,000ac I like to drive around at a slow pace and when I spot a mob of pigs I knock it out of gear and roll to a stop and start a stalk I find that as pigs a blind past 50m if I watch the wind I can get really close to them. Other then that I like to park 500m for swamps or Billabongs and then stalk in this seems to work well on this place.

You really will like chatting with Ausie-Guy. He was a professional hunter in Australia.. He's been here three years.. We live in the same town, and shoot together..Hopefully soon get to hunt some pigs together!!!
Old 02-22-2006, 11:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

He's been here three years
Bob get ya facts straight I have been here for almost 5 years

We live in the same town
Didn't I tell you I am movin oh thats rightI dont want ya to know

and shoot together..
Well I shoot Bob just flings arras and prays he hits something which is usually not what he intened to hit in the first place[8D]

Hopefully soon get to hunt some pigs together!!
Not if ya keep stealin pics out of my album and post them on the forums

Damian

What part of NSW you from?

Quick Reply: First pig with the 260rem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.