Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

hog mishaps

Old 12-28-2005, 06:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: hog mishaps

Way to go BB! Good Job!
Old 01-03-2006, 11:27 AM

all i got is a close call
it was almostnight and i had my 223 with a 30rd magazine i use for hogs. it was too dark to see much so i was walking back to the atv i used to get there. i stop and listen and in the bushes next to me i hear a bunch of hogs. i couldn't see them because they were on the other side of the creek bank. i decide not to be selfish and go back to camp and get a bunch of the guys on the buggy. well nothin. we drove by there again later that night and spook about a 250 boar into the sodfield. we ended up killing it but i was just about to get into some close combat with those hogs with a 223. i'm not sure if that boar was there when i was but i know i wouldn't have stood a chance with a 223. i'm waitin for a gunshow so i can trade it in on an AK. no worries with the 30 calibre
Old 01-03-2006, 11:40 AM
Dominant Buck

Zester, what state are you from?
Old 01-03-2006, 07:21 PM

Florida
DeSoto county to be exact
the place i was huntin at is called bethel farms, i think wal-mart and stores with an outdoor section sell there grass.

Old 01-03-2006, 10:36 PM
Typical Buck

when i was 11 years old i went squirrel hunting with my cousin and brother-in law i dixie county fl near horseshoe beach everyone else was hog hunting and all i wanted to do is squirrel hunt. after a while a good size hog came walking along and being young and dumb i was going to shoot this hog and show everyone up. well all i had was a 22 semi auto and after i shot this hog about 10 times at about 10 yards he did not like being shot and charged. i dont think that a squirrel could have climbed a tree as fast as me and while i was in the tree this hog was rooting my gun all over the place and at times he acted like he wanted to knock the tree down after a short time my brother in law came by to see what all the fuss was about and shot the hog but i have heard about this for the last 40+ years
Old 01-04-2006, 08:54 PM

The first hog I shot was a 200 lbs sow. I shot her with a 22-250 in the neck she then ran right at me i managed to get another shot into her head. boy was that scary!!
Old 01-05-2006, 08:16 AM
Dominant Buck

it was almostnight and i had my 223 with a 30rd magazine i use for hogs.
If you live in Fla., you're breaking the law! Center fire rifles loaded with no more than 5 rounds!
Old 01-08-2006, 09:49 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I've only had one so far, pretty minor. We bayed about a 250 lb boar, was a bad hog,at night on the edge of a cornfield in a cane patch. The cane was about 15 feet tall and he had hollowed out a little patch just big enough for him. Turned two bulldogs on him and got a good catch, one on each ear. The hog was facing away from me and I ran in to grab him, he saw me coming and jerked the bulldogs off the ground, turned around and came at me as fast as I was going at him. I tried to back up and got my feet tangled up in the cane, fell flat on my back and my hat with light attatched fell off. I ended up under the hog and the entire pack of baydogs and can't see anything but dogs and the underside of a mad hog in the dark. He stomped all over me but couldn't get to me with the teeth because of the bull dogs. The harder I tried to get up the more tangled up I got in all the knocked down cane. I got bit twice by a couple of the baydogs. My hunting buddies got him caught and I would guess I was only under him for maybe 10 seconds but it seemed like ten years. I would guess he would have cut me if we had only had one bull dog on him. We always lead two in for just such an occasion.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:44 PM

i thought hogs weren't considered game and could kill them with whatever you wanted?

i never actually killed a hog with it so i never broke the law. Thank God

Old 01-10-2006, 07:50 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Mr. Zesterhouse

i thought hogs weren't considered game and could kill them with whatever you wanted?

Only on FL WMA's are they considered game.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.