Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hogs at night Florida?

Old 12-28-2005, 03:08 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Hogs at night Florida?

Delete
Old 12-28-2005, 03:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Old 12-28-2005, 03:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Old 12-28-2005, 08:57 AM

Thank youfor the reply. Good pictures too.

Seems actionpacked for sure!!! Toughlooking dogs to!I guess that the night situation and the second pair of dogs being so close to the pig makes for a more intense situation with pigs perhaps more dangerous. From the pictures I can see why shooting is not always an option with the dogs so close. How big does your pigs grow? Do your dogs sort out yearlings or do they go for first, best pig? Some dogs here shy away from big pigs thats why Im asking. Your dogs look like they sure can handle everything that walks, swims or crawls. How do you train them?

Old 12-28-2005, 11:24 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: 3Ddepression

Thank youfor the reply. Good pictures too.

Seems actionpacked for sure!!! Toughlooking dogs to!I guess that the night situation and the second pair of dogs being so close to the pig makes for a more intense situation with pigs perhaps more dangerous. From the pictures I can see why shooting is not always an option with the dogs so close. How big does your pigs grow? Do your dogs sort out yearlings or do they go for first, best pig? Some dogs here shy away from big pigs thats why Im asking. Your dogs look like they sure can handle everything that walks, swims or crawls. How do you train them?

3D, we have many 200-300 pounders. That's the problem with good hog dogs, they don't care how big they are and it's when they get cut or killed. The big curled up T'ousches is not the ones that kill, it's the long straight ones that do. You don't want dogs with long legs or thier bellys will get cut opened. That's why we cross Pits with Calahoulas and Rhrodesians, thier legs and their slip joint jaw which locks when they bite.
No the dogs go for any size hog. We start to train them when they are about 6 months old. When we skin a hog, we save a skin to tease the pups and for them tolearn the scent. At that time we also teach them commands of what we want of them at the time of the hunt.

I'mjust a has been that got to old and tired bones to run after them anymore!Still love it though!
Old 12-28-2005, 03:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Rebel, where did you find those pictures, they look like my grandbabies on at Mc Donalds.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:34 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: The Rev

Rebel, where did you find those pictures, they look like my grandbabies on at Mc Donalds.

Yeah! Those are FL piney rooters, but the best to roast!
Old 12-28-2005, 06:38 PM

If you want to hunt'em out of a stand in Florida...do it now!! If you try to hunt'em at night in the summer the bugs are so loud that you can't even here them 5 yds under the feeder. We use HawgLites on our bows with Lumenoks, both of which are available on my website. It's a blast, set the feeder to go off at an hour or so past dark.

Old 12-28-2005, 07:12 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: bigboar23

If you want to hunt'em out of a stand in Florida...do it now!! If you try to hunt'em at night in the summer the bugs are so loud that you can't even here them 5 yds under the feeder. We use HawgLites on our bows with Lumenoks, both of which are available on my website. It's a blast, set the feeder to go off at an hour or so past dark.

Gosh BB, I must be old fashion!All these modern gadgetsI quess the future make things happen!
I must say, nice set up for night hunting!
Old 12-29-2005, 04:57 AM

Interesting dog mix Rebelhog. Here long legged dogs are often preferred as they are belived to negotiate long grass and wetlands better. In thickets terriers like mine are more agile to manouver between the trees. Also its told that small dogs are less prone to get hurt if the pig throws them.

What to say about your age sir. Im guessing experience makes for less running and evens the odds huh!

Quick Reply: Hogs at night Florida?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.