Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

lbs of meat in a hog

Old 12-16-2005, 08:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: lbs of meat in a hog

ORIGINAL: nc bearhunter

10-4 i am east of asheville in swannanoa

Good to know! I have a nephew in Asheville that's a Gynecologist there and we visit with them often. My wife and family are from Brevard and we also visit there.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:25 PM

Well ranch hand,

After adding it all up before puting it all in the freezer itcame up to 60 pounds of processed meat from the butcher. I was hoping for more honestly but I guess you wereright on. I guess I will have room for one more in the freezer after all. I thought it was going to be full from this one. Now if I can just talk my wife into letting me out of the house. Lord knows I have enough to do around the house...I'd just rather be hunting that's all.

As far as cracklins or rines, I cannot see any one cooking upfurry wild pig skin into anything edible. That skin was tough enough to cut through with a knife and furry as a dog. tell you what, next time I'll save ya the skin for free...I may even payya to watch you cook itup. Sounds fun to watch but I don't know about eating it!

All I know was it was alot easier to put in the freezer than it was to drag it's furry butt out of the brush! Drag out 200 pounds freeze 60 pounds. Seems like alot of waste but I don't know where it went tounless the butcher got hungry for hog that evening

thanks for the input
Old 12-16-2005, 11:07 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: prim79

Well ranch hand,

After adding it all up before puting it all in the freezer itcame up to 60 pounds of processed meat from the butcher. I was hoping for more honestly but I guess you wereright on. I guess I will have room for one more in the freezer after all. I thought it was going to be full from this one. Now if I can just talk my wife into letting me out of the house. Lord knows I have enough to do around the house...I'd just rather be hunting that's all.

As far as cracklins or rines, I cannot see any one cooking upfurry wild pig skin into anything edible. That skin was tough enough to cut through with a knife and furry as a dog. tell you what, next time I'll save ya the skin for free...I may even payya to watch you cook itup. Sounds fun to watch but I don't know about eating it!

All I know was it was alot easier to put in the freezer than it was to drag it's furry butt out of the brush! Drag out 200 pounds freeze 60 pounds. Seems like alot of waste but I don't know where it went tounless the butcher got hungry for hog that evening

thanks for the input

WE also save the skins and use them to train the pups!
Old 12-16-2005, 11:42 PM
Typical Buck

prim if you think dragging a 200 lb hog out of the woods is bad try draging a 300+lb bear out of the woods i have always found it easier to drag a hog than a bear the longest drag with a hog was about 1 1/2 miles off the marsh down at horseshoe beach fl the only plus was at the time my son carried the guns he was only 10 this year i pulled a bear out and when i got out there were things in my socks that were higher when i started
Old 12-17-2005, 07:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Dont pick on my buddy Rebel Hog... I went hunting with him once. He is a great hunter. He killed a 300 pound pig and when he finished butchering the pig. Rebel had 500 pounds of meet,,,, but then again most of it was bull.... Gotcha Reb.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:38 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: The Rev

Dont pick on my buddy Rebel Hog... I went hunting with him once. He is a great hunter. He killed a 300 pound pig and when he finished butchering the pig. Rebel had 500 pounds of meet,,,, but then again most of it was bull.... Gotcha Reb.

Old 12-17-2005, 07:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Better watch it.... I'll sick Lemoyne after you.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:46 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: The Rev

Better watch it.... I'll sick Lemoyne after you.

That's why you don't learn, you don't listen to Cataway!!! BAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 12-17-2005, 07:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

I haven't heard from that little brother in a while,, I think he is out plotting to kill us.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:23 PM
Typical Buck

Dont pick on my buddy Rebel Hog... I went hunting with him once. He is a great hunter. He killed a 300 pound pig and when he finished butchering the pig. Rebel had 500 pounds of meet,,,, but then again most of it was bull.... Gotcha Reb. The Rev
thats funny

Quick Reply: lbs of meat in a hog

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.