Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

FL Porker!

Old 12-09-2005, 12:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Default FL Porker!

Bacon For Life

You know the old saying, "Everythings bigger in Florida"... No well you better learn it fast. Below is the story as told to me! The fellow in the pictures is Larry Earley, He lives about 30 miles from Orlando, in the very rural community of Okahumpka, just off the Florida turnpike in Lake County, Florida. He has 20 acres of land and on it, a few cows and horses. Mostly it's pasture land that is fenced with woods surrounding him.

He is neighbored by a larger cattle ranch. His neighbor has complained for several years that wild hogs had been raiding his cattle feeders and salt licks.

Last month he saw what he though was a cow in his pond and went to see if it was stuck in the mud and would have to be pulled out. When he got close enough to realize it was hog, the thing made a charge at him. He had driven his truck down to the pond and carries a pistol in it. He got his handgun and when it came at him again, he shot it twice and killed it.

Wild hogs in Florida usually run from 100-400 pounds with aY400 pounder being a monster. Because this one had been feasting on grain for several years it had grown to mamoth size. When Larry took it to the processor it weighed in at over 1100 pounds!

The meat has no wild taste, as it was grain feed and Larry is quite the hero. He has fed many fireman and provided the homeless shelter in downtown Orlando with a couple of meals.

And this is how you move something this big!
Old 12-09-2005, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: FL Porker!

rebel that hog was killed about 5 min's from me. the pic's up in one of our local gun shops.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:51 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Hunter06FlKy

rebel that hog was killed about 5 min's from me. the pic's up in one of our local gun shops.

I've hunted in Okahumpka a couple of times and never seen anyhogs that big!
Old 12-09-2005, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

i want one, lol........seen the pic before but it never gets old...that is a monster, but a tad too big for me to think abotu dragging out of the woods, lol......
Old 12-09-2005, 06:11 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: huntnma

i want one, lol........seen the pic before but it never gets old...that is a monster, but a tad too big for me to think abotu dragging out of the woods, lol......

I hear you!
Old 12-09-2005, 06:16 PM
Dominant Buck

I'll take one too.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:31 PM

what a monster!!!
Old 12-10-2005, 03:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

wish i could obtain permission to hunt someones ranch/farm in okahumpka or sumter county for hogs. alot of farmers/ranchers pay to have hogs shot off their land, hell i'd do it for free....lol
Old 12-11-2005, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

camo cop where are you in lake county????

Old 12-11-2005, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

ORIGINAL: Hunter06FlKy

I've hunted in Okahumpka a couple of times and never seen anyhogs that big!
i haven't seen any that big either and i'm in okahumpka a good bit. i have seen cows that big though.

Quick Reply: FL Porker!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.