HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hogs and Exotics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics-73/)
-   -   Question for you swamp pros (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics/123379-question-you-swamp-pros.html)

Chuck7 12-02-2005 06:15 AM

Question for you swamp pros

1.When ya hunt inside the bayheads How often do you see game from a scale of 1-10 . ?

2. On a scale of 1-10 how often do ya hunt these bayheads from the inside when you go hunting?

On every hunt or what. I've come to the conclusion they may offere the best odds of scoring down here in Florida. It appears your stands will be pretty safe. It seems only 2% of hunters have got the guts to hunt them.from the inside.

huntnma 12-03-2005 03:18 PM

RE: Question for you swamp pros

i would have to say 6-7 on the scale.....maybe even more than that...but like you know , they are thick, so you might not always have a good clean shot, but at least you're seeing something...this 6-7 came from all of my hunts hunting in them...i think you're doing the right thing by hunting them for sure...i still say stalk through them or if youre going to stand hunt, find a good trail and set up just within the head and wait :)

Chuck7 12-03-2005 05:34 PM

Thanks I'll do that.

huntnma 12-04-2005 05:12 PM

lol.i wouldnt of answered it if i had seen the word PRO, lmao.my bad......now that i have gotten that out of the way, rebhog needs to answer ;)

Rebel Hog 12-05-2005 08:20 AM

ORIGINAL: huntnma

lol.i wouldnt of answered it if i had seen the word PRO, lmao.my bad......now that i have gotten that out of the way, rebhog needs to answer ;)

:D:DI'm not a Pro! I'm an old Has Been!:D:D:D:D

TomFromTheShade 12-05-2005 02:44 PM

I have over a hundred hogs under my belt. Does that make me a pro? Also, does it count if they were domestic hogs? LMAO. I still haven't killed a wild one yet. With the money that people in Texas charge to go kill these pests I think that I am going to set up a guide service here in New Jersey to hunt Ground Hogs...maybe I can get a few hundred dollars to put someone in a tree stand and let them stick one?

Rebel Hog 12-05-2005 02:54 PM

Ha!:D:Dhuntnma, what's your definition of a pro?:D:D:D

Hunter06FlKy 12-05-2005 05:08 PM

ORIGINAL: TomFromTheShade

I think that I am going to set up a guide service here in New Jersey to hunt Ground Hogs...maybe I can get a few hundred dollars to put someone in a tree stand and let them stick one?
there's a guy i know who actually payed to go somewhere and shoot ground hogs. i don't see the point.

huntnma 12-05-2005 06:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

YOU ;):):D

Rebel Hog 12-05-2005 06:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

YOU ;):):D

Well thank you!;)I don't consider myself a book or video Pro, just an old FL boy that has stumped thru the palmetto's for over 50yrs and learned the hard way!I'm more proud of my root's than my hunting knowledge!
I use to love and sit with the old FL crackers in camp and listen to thier stories and theadvice they would give me!
Seem's like 100yrs ago!:D:D