Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Texas Hog Hunts...??

Old 10-27-2005, 10:07 AM

Default Texas Hog Hunts...??

Hey all...

I am looking to put together a hunting trip for myself and a couple hunting buddies... We are thinking of a ranch in Texas that has listings on ebay. I find ebay has it's good and it's bad, based on that you are looking for. I don't have any "connections" in Texas so I thought I would ask here.

1st one is from "wildhoghunt.com"

2nd is from "huntingwithjeff.com"

Any ideas on these or others? I have heard good and bad about "Hunting Reserves" in general...

If you would not hunt on these, could you make suggestions on a "better" hunt?

Thanks!

Mike S
Old 10-27-2005, 10:39 AM

Default RE: Texas Hog Hunts...??

Don't know anything about either of these operations, Scott. Sorry. But, in these areas, I would be surprised if you didn't see a bunch of hogs. Moch more open country than the big thicket and pineywoods of East Texas, where I normally hunt. It should be a real blast.
Good luck
Old 10-27-2005, 11:23 AM

Thanks...

I figured it would be fun anyway.. but I though I would get the groups input or maybe some has visited one/or both of these places and could make a suggestion.

Right nowI am leaning to Jeff.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:06 PM

check out boar creek ranch in Cayuga, TX...We went there a couple of years ago and the price was right and the food was EXCELLENT. As far as the hog hunting we saw tons of hogs and there were some really nice boars killed while we were there. I killed three with my bow andthe biggest was a 180# but there are some alot bigger than that there. I think their website is www.boarcreek.com orsomething like that,but give them a look it was a very enjoyable hunt at a fair price...GOOD LUCK
Old 10-27-2005, 07:39 PM

Check out Langley Ranch. You can reach them through my links page on my webpage or directly at www.texaswildhoghunting.comGreat people and excellent prices. Fell free tovisit my webpage for anything you might need for yourhunt. www.razorbackoutfitters.com or just click my banner below. Good luck and post lots of pics when you get back!!
Old 11-01-2005, 02:35 PM

I hunted at Jeff's (www.huntingwithjeff.com)place last December. I had a great time.

Food was great (elk stew, yum); lodging excellent.

Plus great guides, friendly service, and all-around a lot better than I expected, to be honest.

In terms of game, there was tons of it. Hogs everywhere; whitetail deer as common as squirrels in a city park.

I'm not a very experienced big-game hunter, but I shot a small hog that was really tasty.

I'd go back there anytime.

The only downside--it's a big commercial operation. I think there were 26 other hunters the weekend I went. We only saw each other at mealtimes, but still, that's a big operation.

Because of all the people out there,they have some rules such as once you're in a stand, you stay there till they come get you. They don't want guys wandering around (and given the nasty nature of South Texas brush country, that's probably a good idea anyway).

If it weren't so far from my house (about an 8-hour drive), I'd go as often as I could.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:21 PM

the langley ranch is a great place to hunt that is the last place I have hunted hogs. I would have to say that is also the best place I have ever hunted
Old 11-01-2005, 08:29 PM
Fork Horn

Contact me.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:33 PM

Wildhoghunts.com has the honor of being posted on the "Wall of Shame" on the forum, "The Handloaders Bench".
This is not a real good thing, go to that forum and read the comments by people who patronized them.

Old 11-11-2005, 05:25 AM
Typical Buck

Give Four County Outfitters in Seymour, TX a try. (www.fourcountyoutfitters.com)

Those guys have a ton of hogs. The accomodations are good, food is good and it is a somewhat small operation so you and your group will probably be the only ones in camp at that time.

I was there this past Feburary and got one each day of the 3 day hunt.

Here is the porker I took on the first day out. Almost 275# boar.

Quick Reply: Texas Hog Hunts...??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.