Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hogs up north?

Old 09-08-2005, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hogs up north?

Well as you can guess from my username I am from Wisconsin. Love to bowhunt whitetails. About 5 years ago my son (then 12) and I got a chance to hunt hogs in FL. Not big ones but we each got one about 90 pounds with gun. We are very interested in going somewhere to do this again with our bows. Can anyone suggest a place a little closer to Wisconsin that might have some. I am sure we will have to go to at least TN or something. Also looking to keep the cost down as that is a factor to all of this. Any information would be great. Not going to happen this fall anyway. Really thinking about something in the spring or when ever they can be hunted. This is all very new to me.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:58 PM

Default RE: Hogs up north?

hog can be hunted year round. Tho most are killed for meat during cold months or when they can be quarteerd fairly quick. Most of the guys have posted hunting spots in the http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.asp?m=1171269&mpage=3&key= but thats mainly texas. Prices should range from 350-800 a hunter depending on length of hunt and quality (size+type) of hog taken.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:02 PM

check this link=) http://www.appalachia-adventures.com/wildboar.htm
Old 09-08-2005, 02:30 PM

If you're willing to go to Texas, there is a very affordable place that is excellent and the difference in hunt price might make up for the difference in travel......It's called Langley ranch. You can view their webpage from a link on my webpage. Use the link below to get to my page and then go to links. A couple of others that are a little further north that are great as well are.....

www.oklahomaboarhunters.com OK Boar Hunters

www.tnboar.comTennessee Extreme Hunting Adventures

Let'em know Eddie from Razorback Outfitters sent you over.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:18 PM

shonuff i'm not sure if appy adventures are operating this year, i heard through the grapevine the owner had suffered a serious injure. i do highly recomend tn extreme hunting adventures though