HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Gunsmithing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/gunsmithing-115/)
-   -   Remington 887 Nitro Mag interchange with different barrels (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/gunsmithing/426633-remington-887-nitro-mag-interchange-different-barrels.html)

ktucker 09-06-2021 02:59 AM

Remington 887 Nitro Mag interchange with different barrels

Hello everyone, this is my first post, not sure if this is the correct spot, but thought I start here. I purchase a Remington 887 Nitro Mag tactical Pump action 12 gauge shotgun, but don't get to any use out of it. Wanted to change out the barrel with more of a barrel for duck hunting / dove. Does anyone know it this is possible?

mrbb 09-06-2021 06:49 AM

first off welcome to the site
and next??
what sized barrel is on the gun now?

ktucker 09-06-2021 07:40 AM

thanks for the invite. its' the factory 18.5''

mrbb 09-06-2021 11:23 AM

Rem did make longer barrels, and they should found for sale online if you look, however, the costs of them might NOT be worth it to add one,a s last I seen them for sale they were almost 400 bucks for a 28 inch barrel
and for that price you can buy yourself s used shotgun, and have two guns over just one!
so might just be better off buying another whole gun, than just having this one with 2 barrels!

with all this crazy corona crap going on, finding a used barrel might be hard as well,a s most OEM's are struggling to keep up with demands and are sticking to making things for there better sellers, like say rem 870's over the more odd ball models they have that don;'t sell as many !

and the aftermarket dept, really hasn't taken a big shine to the 887's either

I am sure there are a few out there that make one for it, but again due to no ta huge seller, the costs will be way higher than for a gun that is more popular

sorry not what you maybe want to hear, but its the best advice I can give you here!

NOW you can still MAYBE get lucky and find one USED too by searching on line
I found this one really fast on E bay for 200 bucks?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/20358063122...IAAOSwntdhJqHW

so maybe keep looking till you find one you feel fits your needs and is worth your costs, if buying a second gun doesn't appeal to you
a decent used 870 or like should be had for about 250 bucks, and again, then you'd have two guns over just on with 2 barrels!

ktucker 09-06-2021 03:28 PM

O wow thanks for your input. Yes crazy corona crap. At lease I have an idea and a direction to take. Thanks for the suggestions....

HarleyDave88 09-26-2022 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by ktucker (Post 4396729)
O wow thanks for your input. Yes crazy corona crap. At lease I have an idea and a direction to take. Thanks for the suggestions....

Dude I sent you message I have long barrel but am looking for the short barrel. I am your Huckleberry.

Chickenwing 04-05-2023 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by ktucker (Post 4396717)
Hello everyone, this is my first post, not sure if this is the correct spot, but thought I start here. I purchase a Remington 887 Nitro Mag tactical Pump action 12 gauge shotgun, but don't get to any use out of it. Wanted to change out the barrel with more of a barrel for duck hunting / dove. Does anyone know it this is possible?

I too am looking for the 18.5 barrel. I have a 28 in barrel. Let me know if interested

marquesgriffin 04-08-2024 07:26 AM

Yes, congratulations on your first post! You're in the right place. The Remington 887 Nitro Mag is designed with interchangeable barrels. This means you can swap your current tactical barrel for a hunting barrel suited for duck and dove. Look for Remington 887 Nitro Mag barrels specifically made for hunting, which typically come in longer lengths (around 26-28 inches) and may have choke tube systems for adjusting shot patterns. Remember to ensure the new barrel is chambered for 12 gauge shells like your tactical barrel.