Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Gunsmithing
Star Model B magazine Catch >

Star Model B magazine Catch

Community
Gunsmithing Discuss repairs, modifications, designs, or building firearms here.

Star Model B magazine Catch

Old 05-26-2019, 01:15 PM
Spike

Default Star Model B magazine Catch

Hello everyone I have an inquiry here I have a Star Model B in 9mm and the threads on the magazine catch pulled itself apart, now I cant find anything for my model online or they are all out of stock I curious since they are a 1911 base pistol that if 1911 parts would work for a magazine catch or somehow find the one old boy with a bucket of random parts that happens to have the catch spring and screw/button assembly? much help would be appreciated
Old 06-02-2019, 07:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

You won''t like this answer but if I were you I would get rid of the Star and buy a dependable brand of firearm, especially if you carry it for protection.
Old 06-02-2019, 03:23 PM
Spike

Well it’s was my first handgun I was ever able to purchase and I’m in Canada so our laws prohibit us from having a handgun as a EDC for protection. Or what not so it’s just my go to the range and smash a few gun mind you if I was going to run a everyday carry it would most likely be a H&K or a FN Tac 45.