Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Gunsmithing
Remington 1187 Super Magnum Action Is Jammed Open >

Remington 1187 Super Magnum Action Is Jammed Open

Gunsmithing Discuss repairs, modifications, designs, or building firearms here.

Remington 1187 Super Magnum Action Is Jammed Open

Old 04-15-2019, 02:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Remington 1187 Super Magnum Action Is Jammed Open

lastnight I went to do a quick wipe down of the gun, it's clean I was bored.....I moved the slid back and locked it back, I then wanted to close it and I pressed the slide release, and the action will not move forward to close, I mean it's not moving.....took the barrel off, did what I can no success....Taking it to a local gunsmith this morning.....My 1187 20ga slug gun had a issue it was the action bar, so maybe this is the issue.....Rather it happen now, then next week when turkey hunting, I have another turkey gun to use
Old 04-15-2019, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man I forget what exactly causes this, but its NOT that uncommon, your smith will have it up and running fast for you, and shouldn;t cost a penny, minus what ever he feels his time is worth

I have had a bunch of customers bring them in for this and my smith never even charged them to fix, so again, not a big deal if its the same issue the 11/87's I seen had
action stuck open, due to pushing the shell follower open with NO shell in things, just confuses the gun out of cycle, and things hang up?

there MIGHT be a few youtube video's on this too, if you care to look
as I know its happened to more than you here! LOL
Old 04-15-2019, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

In and out, didn't charge me!!!! Hold the bolt as far back as it will go, then inside the receiver is a tab, press it and allow the bolt to go forward
Old 04-15-2019, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

HAHA I knew it was something simple, that was what I was thinking but didn;t want to say and be wrong LOL
been a little while since I played with the 11/87's(and I own a few too LOL)

glad its all good for you
turkeys yesterday were going nuts gobbling there heads off all day long!
Old 04-18-2019, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks mrbb
Old 04-18-2019, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP
thanks mrbb
I don't know when your turkey season starts, but WOW< all day here, I had 3-6 gobblers gobbling there heads off all day long from about 5;30 am till about 7 pm
I was outside all day long doing things about my property and I think every 10 minutes or less I heard one gobble, some times 4-5 different ones in every direction

they were sure fired up today!