HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Gunsmithing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/gunsmithing-115/)
-   -   Two Issues With A Remington 1187 (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/gunsmithing/416373-two-issues-remington-1187-a.html)

BOWHUNTERCOP 12-01-2017 01:38 AM

Two Issues With A Remington 1187

Friend of mine purchased a few months ago a brand new 1187 deer version in 20ga., he got the scope mounted and sighted in. He finally had free time to go and sight the gun in. Well he tried loading it from the bottom, but the gun would not accept a round, it had to be combat loaded, so this semi auto is a single shot. His groups where all over the place, he called me cause I have the same gun and mine is accurate (action bar on mine cracked last March), and told him check the scope mounts, he said secured, check the barrel he said there is some wiggle to it, it's flushed to the receiver but movement left/right. He took it to his gunsmith who verified the issues are real, now my friend purchased a 870 2 years ago with issues out of the box, the store gave him store credit, so understand this the 2nd issue with Remington so he is done with them. So he went back to the store he deals with, and they also agree the gun is a POS....They called Remington, and they gave the store a hard time as well. But in the end they said to return it and if need be the gun will be replaced. My friend told the store that he doesn't want a new one but for the store to keep it, and he will pay the difference for a Browning Silver (deer) also in 20ga. So now they are waiting on Remington......Big Green isn't the same quality I grew up with

bronko22000 12-01-2017 05:42 AM

I know what you mean. My gun safe once had nothing but Rems in it because they were great guns. Today, except for a couple old models, including a 700, 870, 11-87 and a 572, my safe now has many other brands that I consider better than Remington. I know there are still some Rem fans out there but we are each entitled to our own opinion. Today if I were to have to buy a Rem rifle it would likely only be a 700 CDL.

mrbb 12-01-2017 11:14 AM

nothing seems to made the same any more, quality control went out the window, with far too many folks NOT caring about doing a good job, they just want to get paid
bad anything can happen, everything anymore is like pick of the litter and HOPE you get a quality "???"
sucks, but I am sure Rem at least will stand behind there product, aggravation for sure, but in today's world, its NOT very hard to believe you got a screwed up one off the assembly line, that made it out the door to a consumer!

younggun308 12-03-2017 03:11 PM

My dad bought their R-15 when it came out, and had to replace the bolt carrier group after firing less than 400 rounds. It works great, now, with an upgraded BCG, but he shouldn't have had to replace it that soon.