HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Gunsmithing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/gunsmithing-115/)
-   -   restocked a white g-series (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/gunsmithing/412006-restocked-white-g-series.html)

muzzlestuffer 04-05-2017 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by toytruck (Post 4299828)
Looks great to me!! I only have one myrtle stock an that's on the Thunder shotgun, so far no problems. I do have a laminate shotgun stock in case it cracks. I haven't heard of any laminate stock problems yet...

Thanks I'm very happy with it.the thumbhole went out yesterday for paint it will be green with black webbing. I also decided to have all the metal nitride treated. Will post when complete.

toytruck 04-06-2017 06:23 AM

My Super 91's are black iced and the Model 97's are SS, so I'm good on the finish. The Thunder is blued, but I take care of it, again not a problem.

How much is it to nitride treat a barrel? or can you treat the whole gun...

muzzlestuffer 04-06-2017 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by toytruck (Post 4299941)
My Super 91's are black iced and the Model 97's are SS, so I'm good on the finish. The Thunder is blued, but I take care of it, again not a problem.

I just do all the metal parts mine are in perfect condition I just like the nitride compared to the original finish it's way more durable and the nitride treats the inside of barrel as well. It's 250 dollars for two guns which includes all metal parts,screws,and action parts if I decide to do them. I did my .410 super safari in nitride and I love the finish !

muzzlestuffer 04-06-2017 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by toytruck (Post 4299941)

I did my ss 91 in black ice and I'm not impressed with the durability of the ice compared to the nitride.

WV Hunter 04-17-2017 02:38 PM

Looks sweet! Nice job!

You should post this also in the ML forum... :)

muzzlestuffer 04-17-2017 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by WV Hunter (Post 4301218)
Looks sweet! Nice job!

You should post this also in the ML forum... :)

i see you got my message. waiting for the thumbhole to come back from paint that thing is a tank will be a great deep woods short range gun. also have a .451 super safari stock going in for custom paint not sure what to do with that color wise yet ? also have a .451 javelina pistol that i'm working on doc's welding on a action lug on it and i'm going to glass bed that and will also get that painted, will post as i'm working on them if anyone interested ? thanks MS

WV Hunter 04-18-2017 12:15 PM

Heck yeah, always interested in what folks are doing. Hit up the ML forum too, alot of those guys probably don't come here. I guess can call this one a White Knight :D

muzzlestuffer 04-18-2017 12:19 PM

that's funny a white knight !