Community
Gunsmithing Discuss repairs, modifications, designs, or building firearms here.

custom nosecap

Old 03-05-2015, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default custom nosecap

i have a white super safari without the nose cap any one out there know who can make one ?? thanks !
Old 03-06-2015, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have you tried getting a hold of Doc White, or whomever might be running the show these days, if not Gary?

Do you have the full length mannlicher stock, but are missing the end cap, or do you have a sporter stock and would like to convert over? If you have a sporter, then a forend cap won't work for you without some custom updates.

Finding the part might be quite difficult. Having a local machine shop mill you one will be relatively expensive, but it's not a bad option - it's not a hard part to produce. Having a bandsaw that could cut the form, I might even try my hand at cutting a stainless block myself if I were in your shoes.

Last edited by Nomercy448; 03-06-2015 at 07:28 AM.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

yes doc won't reply and i have contacted steve brown but has not replied as of yet could take time to respond and i want to get it done. it's a full stock super safari.
Old 03-07-2015, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd be scouring Ebay for take off stocks, or other sites like it. Then, like I said, go check out some local machine shops and fab shops and see what they might charge to cut it out for you.
Old 03-07-2015, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

i'm working on it !!