Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Gunsmithing
looking for good gunsmith/machine shop >

looking for good gunsmith/machine shop

Community
Gunsmithing Discuss repairs, modifications, designs, or building firearms here.

looking for good gunsmith/machine shop

Old 01-14-2015, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default looking for good gunsmith/machine shop

i'm in arizona but will ship if i can find a good gunsmith for a few projects if anybody can suggest anybody good. i need a rear sight made for a jeager and i have a white muzzleloading pistol which i want the muzzle crowned and want two recoil lugs welded to the bottom of the s.s. barrel as doc didn't do the greatest job on this gun the action screw is barely catching the threads and the action rocks in the stock. i'm not looking for suggestions on how to fix just if someone knows a gunsmith that can do the work and is not a pain in the a..
Old 01-14-2015, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

any 1/2 decent machinist can do those chores, course making a site from scratch would be tedious.
RR
Old 01-14-2015, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats what i'm trying to find a half way decent shop all the ones iv'e dealt with suck ! the whole sight doesn't need to be made just the base to fit my rifle.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer
thats what i'm trying to find a half way decent shop all the ones iv'e dealt with suck ! the whole sight doesn't need to be made just the base to fit my rifle.
Try contacting these good folks concerning a sight for your Jaeger. I believe Dixon's does custom repair work. TVM builds custom Jaegers and TOW sells custom traditional muzzleloaders along with countless supplies for building them.

http://www.dixonmuzzleloading.com/

http://www.tennesseevalleymuzzleloading.com/

http://www.trackofthewolf.com/index.aspx

BPS
Old 01-29-2015, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks but i sent the barrel to jason at rice barrels he will take care of it for me i wish all companies were as easy to do buisness with as rice barrels jason takes the time to call you and figure out solution to the problem top notch !!