Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Gunsmithing
Remington 11-87 Super Magnum >

Remington 11-87 Super Magnum

Community
Gunsmithing Discuss repairs, modifications, designs, or building firearms here.

Remington 11-87 Super Magnum

Old 01-10-2014, 06:22 PM
Typical Buck

If it was brand new you shouldn't messed with it and called remington. If if a smith or you tinkered with it the warrant my be voild.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Bbj270
If it was brand new you shouldn't messed with it and called remington. If if a smith or you tinkered with it the warrant my be voild.
***Good comment and especially since he didn't have any idea what he was doing.

To the OP---Are you saying you can carry that shotgun uncased in a vehicle in Ohio. You sure can't up here in MI, but out in Wyoming you can have an uncased gun with one in the chamber right in the front seat!
Old 01-11-2014, 10:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by hookeye
9 out of 10 guns I had to fix when I worked at a shop were items folks had taken apart and put back together incorrectly............or left parts out ..............or damaged parts.
***Don't doubt that at all! It's one of those "guy things" where the last thing we do is read directions when there are parts left over or we can't figure something out, LOL!
Old 01-11-2014, 08:08 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
***Good comment and especially since he didn't have any idea what he was doing.

To the OP---Are you saying you can carry that shotgun uncased in a vehicle in Ohio. You sure can't up here in MI, but out in Wyoming you can have an uncased gun with one in the chamber right in the front seat!
Yes you can carry any gun uncased in ohio. The only law that i know of is that it technically just have to have the chamber opened.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:16 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Bbj270
That is a good point. But as I said previously I had to disassemble it to unload the gun. I'm not an idiot. I have taken guns apart before so it wasn't a matter of not knowing what I was doing. It is fixed now.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Slayer11
That is a good point. But as I said previously I had to disassemble it to unload the gun. I'm not an idiot. I have taken guns apart before so it wasn't a matter of not knowing what I was doing. It is fixed now.
***Sure didn't sound like it to us or you wouldn't have asked how to put it back together! I'm glad the matter is resolved.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:42 PM
Typical Buck

[QUOTE=Slayer11;4115525]That is a good point. But as I said previously I had to disassemble it to unload the gun.

I f you call rem they could have told you how to get the shells out that way they new of the problem then if they they said send it back they where aware of what you did.so.the warranty would not be void. It good.it is fix but if it was.brand.New remington should be made aware of the problem.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:54 PM
Spike

I finally got it back to the store and they shipped it back into Remington. Just so everyone knows.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:04 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by hookeye

1187's and esp the Supermags have been a bit problematic.
I agree with this. My hunting buddy bought one to replace an old 1100 Magnum and this thing has had nothing but problems. It jams all the time. He ended up setting it in the gun cabinet and going back to his old 1100 Magnum which works flawlessly.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:04 PM
Typical Buck

I have 3 1100 magnum. I put a steal shot barrel on my Turkey gun now I can shot low brass to 3" magnum with no problem. Some low brass federal shot shells you get at Wal-Mart will cycle in the other 2 with no problems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.