Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Gunsmithing
Remington 11-87 Super Magnum >

Remington 11-87 Super Magnum

Gunsmithing Discuss repairs, modifications, designs, or building firearms here.

Remington 11-87 Super Magnum

Old 01-09-2014, 11:53 AM
Spike

Default Remington 11-87 Super Magnum

I recently bought a BRAND NEW Remington 11-87 Super magnum. It has been working like crap since I got it. Finally figured out why it was jamming and got it fixed. Now the shells wouldn't eject from the magazine tube, so I took the gun apart and when I took the trigger assembly out a slightly curved rail fell out and the bolt is stuck back. Does anyone know how to fix this?? I can't figure out how it goes together.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:24 PM
Spike

I got the bolt unstuck but still cant figure out how to put the other piece back in.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Take it to a smith and then download a manual for it for the simple stuff like cleaning and next time don't fiddle with what you don't know anything about!
Old 01-10-2014, 09:08 AM
JW
Super Moderator

There are two that fit your description but Google 1187 diagram and I got this link

http://www.mcclellandgun.com/Gunsmit...1187Parts.html

If it is #56 (link) that slides and fits behind the bolt and the end pushes down on the return spring mechanism which is in the stock or it might be part # 39 which is the feed latch and that snaps into the side of the receiver. This is usually peened in but can pop out do to a poor side stamp.

Or as TG said take it to a gunsmith.

JW
Old 01-10-2014, 11:43 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by JW

If it is #56 (link) that slides and fits behind the bolt and the end pushes down on the return spring mechanism which is in the stock or it might be part # 39 which is the feed latch and that snaps into the side of the receiver. This is usually peened in but can pop out do to a poor side stamp.

JW
Thanks! it was #56 I believe.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:46 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Take it to a smith and then download a manual for it for the simple stuff like cleaning and next time don't fiddle with what you don't know anything about!
I already have the manual for the 1187 and 1100. I was going to take it to the smith that I bought it from but he is located in the back of a grocery store and the gun was loaded. I was not about to walk into a store with a loaded gun. it had to be taken apart to unload.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Slayer11
I already have the manual for the 1187 and 1100. I was going to take it to the smith that I bought it from but he is located in the back of a grocery store and the gun was loaded. I was not about to walk into a store with a loaded gun. it had to be taken apart to unload.
***That's funny! I can see the people hitting the floor as you walked in, but how do people take stuff in to the guy if they all have to go through the store to get to him in the back? Nobody would know whether a gun is loaded or not if it's in a case and I would just assume you wouldn't walk in with it out in the open and it sounds like quite a unique setup to say the least! Couldn't you have gone in first and either told them what the deal was or asked the guy to open a back door for you?

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 01-10-2014 at 12:10 PM.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:40 PM
Spike

TopGun--- I had taken it back one time before and when you walk in the bolt just has to be open. I don't use cases. haha No Problem anymore though! I got it figured out, so now she is back into one piece and goes boom. Just have to get the original problem fixed. The shells still wont eject from the magazine tube.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:59 PM
JW
Super Moderator

I'd take it to a gunsmith
I have beat the crap out of my 1187 for years
if it won't pick up the next shell from the magazine tube then you need a smith as that sounds like a shell extractor adjustment
Old 01-10-2014, 06:13 PM
Spike

Thanks! It will be seeing the from where it came. Then Maybe back to remington

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.