Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Gunsmithing
Marlin 336 question >

Marlin 336 question

Gunsmithing Discuss repairs, modifications, designs, or building firearms here.

Marlin 336 question

Old 01-09-2012, 10:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Marlin 336 question

Does anyone else have a problem with those 3 little screws on the side loosing up causing the lever to hang up? Mine has done that so much I carry a flat screwdriver with my when I hunt with my Marlin.shoots great but I hate those little screws backing off like that.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can you back them out and put a drop of the blue locktite on them? I would use the blue for the simple fact that it's more forgiving if you ever want to remove them. Just my 2 cents....
Old 01-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Dominant Buck

I thought about doing that..but I'm not as schooled as most of you are..I was worried about maybe a spring or something popping off.LOL that would be a bummer.
Thanks though ..great idea.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:12 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sjsfire
Can you back them out and put a drop of the blue locktite on them? I would use the blue for the simple fact that it's more forgiving if you ever want to remove them. Just my 2 cents....
this is word for word what I was going to say haha. I own the same rifle and I love it. I have never had any problems with it and it's 45 years old.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:00 PM
Spike

Remember,,,you will need to clean the threads and the screw with some kind of cleaner before you apply the Lock-Tite...........