Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Gunsmithing
higher magazine capacity for a bolt action .30-06? >

higher magazine capacity for a bolt action .30-06?

Gunsmithing Discuss repairs, modifications, designs, or building firearms here.

higher magazine capacity for a bolt action .30-06?

Old 04-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Spike

Default higher magazine capacity for a bolt action .30-06?

hi there folks. i´m new to this, so i hope i´m getting things right. i have a question, and i was wondering if someone on the forum might know...
i live in the yukon territories, and i´m looking for a good, reliable bolt action .30-06. i live in the bush, and over here, we literally carry our guns on ourselves when we go to the outhouse, for obvious reasons. now i´ve had a couple of scary experiences in the past, and i´m looking for a .30-06 with a higher magazine capacity than the usual 3, 4 or 5 rounds. i know that story about "if you cannot get it done with 3 rounds...", but believe me, up here you find yourself in situations where it´s really nice to have a couple extra cartridges in there. that´s what i like about my .303 british, with it´s 10 round magazine, but i would appreciate the extra juice of a .30-06. so, i heard you can get post production 8 round magazines for remington 700´s, and probably, i´ll go that way. my question is if someone knows other options out there. if that magazine will fit older 700´s, would it be possible to mount it on other mauser 98 type system rifles? there´s a mauser for sale here, and i´ve always liked the brand. so that´s the question: what options do you folks know in a reliable .30-06 with a higher magazine capacity? anyway, thank you for reading this and, hopefully, for your answers. best regards from the northern yukon. j.

Last edited by knoroak; 04-12-2010 at 06:54 PM.