Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 New Savage Classic >

New Savage Classic

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

New Savage Classic

Old 05-10-2005, 07:59 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: New Savage Classic

OEH, you need to find me a good deal on a Sako 75 300WSM. Say 750 would be cool

Old 05-10-2005, 08:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am in the mood to buy a 300WSM today. Thinking either Browning Stainless synthetic
At 749 dollars I don't think so. Have you looked at a Kimber 8400 yet ?..I mean it is heavier by a few ounces then that Browning Stainless...is sure prettier to look at and should hold its value better down the road. Get one in French Walnut and send me a Pic
Old 05-10-2005, 08:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

OEH, you need to find me a good deal on a Sako 75 300WSM. Say 750 would be cool
The blow up guns were all 300 wsm's weren't they? The finnlights if I recall . I think Cott's firearms has the best prices on them and they have some on Gunbroker. I am not interested in that cartridge at the time. I am into 300 H&H and 375 H&H i am building a serious collection for my son to inherit.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:52 PM
bigcountry

The blow up thing don't bother me much. I don't like the finlights very much.

About the kimber thing, I just went and looked at one and not sure if I got one I would want to take it on a elk hunt. I mean its georgous. Too much for deer. Maybe a nice caribou hunt. But banging around for elk or moose, I don't thing so. too pretty.

Old 05-10-2005, 03:18 PM
DM

But banging around for elk or moose, I don't thing so. too pretty.
I don't think i'd own a gun that i wouldn't hunt with. I mean i certainly wouldn't throw my drilling in the back of a pu unprotected, but i've drug it all over the bush on all kinds of hunts, and it's certainly not all beat up. It's flown one heck of a lot of miles to and from hunts in the back of a bush plane.

I'd rather have one really high quality gun the way i want it, than 40 common ones in a safe. In fact, i sold one heck of a lot of bolt action rifles after getting this drilling.

My drilling was built in Oct. of 1935, and it's now the way i want it, how could i not hunt with it?? :&gt)) French walnut stock, swamped rib, claw mounts, choke tubes, side clips, left hand safety, insert bbls., rust blueing and bone color case finish, and much much more.

Drilling Man

Old 05-10-2005, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Well over 800 dollars for a muzzlebreak, trigger job, new boyd stock, great looking bluing, and lapped his scope rings.
hey why dont you let me speak about my gun big boy......first off, the gun cost me $390, I then put a $200 stock on it, a $90 brake, and a $100 blue job.........so I fall just short of $800 and it shoots ~.50" groups......did nothing to the action or barrel!!! I would put my Savage (looks and accuracy) up against any $1000-1200 gun on the market. Plus I love the way my smith shaped the stock to fit my hands......(he had to sand on it like 4 times, he hated me for it)

On second thought, I could go ahead and get a Sako if I save my lunch money.
yeah right, the day you give up lunch is the day I buy a Dodge truck
Old 05-10-2005, 07:37 PM
bigcountry

yeah right, the day you give up lunch is the day I buy a Dodge truck
Hey I missed lunch today you little @#%@#^. But I did 1/2 lb bacon, and 4 eggs, 3 biscuits this morning.

Old 05-10-2005, 07:38 PM
bigcountry

did nothing to the action or barrel
Feed rails don't count?????

Old 05-10-2005, 07:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

hey why dont you let me speak about my gun big boy......first off, the gun cost me $390, I then put a $200 stock on it, a $90 brake, and a $100 blue job.........so I fall just short of $800 and it shoots ~.50" groups......did nothing to the action or barrel!!! I would put my Savage (looks and accuracy) up against any $1000-1200 gun on the market
What kind of bottom metal does that Savage have Mossy? How does it shoot at 300 yards?

Feed rails don't count?????
Why would you have to have the feed rails messed with?
Old 05-10-2005, 07:55 PM
bigcountry

Why would you have to have the feed rails messed with?
Well Mossy, are you going to answer or should I?

Quick Reply: New Savage Classic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.