Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

opinions

Old 05-18-2005, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default opinions

i have learned to respect other peoples opinions. i might not always agree with them but everybody is entitled to one. i have learned that whats good for the goose is not always good for the gander and that one persons trash maybe another persons treasure. i have not been on here in a while so i had a lot of reading to do here and still have more to go. i respect some postee remarks more than some because in my opinion they are speaking from experience rather than someone elses opinion or what they read in the latest magazine article.

i do not have a lot of experience shooting a ton of rifles but i do have experience with some. the rifle that i have found to suit my hunting area and shooting style will probably be bashed by someone else. they may be stating from past experience or jibber jabber that they read, or what someone else has stated.

that being said...... i have my favorite in the Remington 700 Sendero chambered in the .300 UM. i do not reload or handload and dont have the desire, time, or patience to do so. kudos to you that do. i have had excellent results with the factory ammo. this will be my rifle of choice until 1. the good Lord returns. 2. i make my first million and have a rifle custom built. 3. have the Government take it from my cold dead fingers. more than likely option 1.

thanks for your opinions.
God Bless.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:46 PM

Default RE: opinions

dkhamner,
Regarding the first part of your post, I couldn't agree more. Regarding your choice of weapon....
The Remington Model 700 Sendero is a fine weapon that I have owned. It was chambered for 300 Win mag and grouped well, was comfortable to fire and did everything I asked it to do. However it got sold because I found it too heavy and cumbersome for the type hunting I do. I hope you don't consider this "bashing", because it isn't, just the plain old truth.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:48 PM
Dominant Buck

dk, you have a very good rifle. Nothing to be ashame of.
Learn to print your name with it .
Old 05-18-2005, 06:37 PM
bigcountry

Make a dandy Moose/elk gun if you don't mind the heft. Too much for me, cause I have did it. And won't do it again.

Old 05-18-2005, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have winchesters counterpart to the Sendero,The laredo. Mine is in 7MM STW.If it does what I expect from it it is going to be my primary "bean field" gun.I don't mind the weight if I am in a stand.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:57 PM
bigcountry

Again, another great moose gun.

Old 05-18-2005, 07:02 PM

If you like it, great. Sendero wouldn't be my choice, but then my choices probably wouldn't be to your liking. Blondes, brunettes, redheads; Chevy, Ford, Dodge; etc., etc.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:17 PM

I kick the **** outta myself every time I go varmint hunting for selling my Remington 700 VS (Sendero but w/ a different name) .220 Swift.

I'd sell my shotgun and .17 Mach 2 to have that gun back.