Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 WHAT IS HAPPENING TO REMINGTON? >

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO REMINGTON?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO REMINGTON?

Old 07-16-2005, 04:41 PM

Default RE: WHAT IS HAPPENING TO REMINGTON?

savage may have some cheaper parts but thell sure as hell out shoot a remington anyday.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: soarkrebel

HUMMMM I don't know how i missed this topic?????

Ruger you should have emailed me and told me of this squawk session!!!!!!

I Love my remington 700's and frizzell i would go to the range with you!
Soark yeah I should have.You usually don't missed these squawk sessions.You might have been to busy praising the Honda's and running down the Polaris's. Not that you've ever been known to do that.

There were allot of good points brought up.I've had a few 700's over the years. All were good shooters. I only have one left which is about a 9 yo 700ADL in 270.RedAllison was correct when he said about the Parkerazation(matt finish) rusting.All my guns are like new. This 700ADL formed rust on the barrel.I was somewhat PO.On the other hand I bought it for strickly hunting and expected it to get banged up. Never dreamt it rusting though..In all honesty I haven't looked at or handled any new Remingtons in several years.So I can't say about their QC.I take that back. I did look at a couple of 710's when they first came out.That was a shock seeing such a POS come from a company like Remington.Ruger's triggers as we all agree could be allot better then they are.They can be cleaned up nicely,no need to replace them.Most of my M-77's have been reworked so I have proof that they can be done.It's unfortunate most companies are cutting productioncosts,effecting the quality of their products. Not just firearms but everything we buy today.I've watched firearms quality slip over the years. Back in the Mid 70's at the gunshop where I worked PT for awhile we saw S&W's quality change.Today I wouldn't buy a new Smith.Quality isn't the only reason I won't buy a Smith..Even though we see the quality slipping we keep buying these products.If we didn't buy them for quality reasons they would have to improve or suffer the consequences. Until we stop buying these inferior products,there won't be any improvement.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 07-17-2005, 09:21 AM

Well Here Goes! I believe that major Manufacturers are putting out cheaper products (not just gun makers), for general consumer use. Sure you can still get good stuff if you want to pay for it (Serengetti Rifles, Lazzeroni, Kenny Jarret). Problem is that most people in this country seem to think that the most important factor is PRICE not Value! MAnufacturers are just reacting to market pressures. We the paolple give companies the signal that the cheapest items sell so they design, build and sell those items. You hear outdoorsmen brag all the time about how cheap they got thier item. How often do you hear someones say "This rifle cost me 1200.00 bucks. It will last me forever and the ci=ustomer service is great. I will never have to replace it and it will save me money in the long run.
I believe I willl post this same thought on a new heading and see if you guys agree
okcmco
Old 07-17-2005, 12:09 PM

Amazing. The BS... the half-*^%ed opinions offered as fact...the insistence that certain people here know EXACTLY what is happening within the confines of Remington's (or others) factories - eventhough they really haven't a clue...... just amazing.

The BS never stops flowing, does it ?
Old 07-17-2005, 12:16 PM

ORIGINAL: 1shotkill

savage may have some cheaper parts but thell sure as hell out shoot a remington anyday.
What range and what day?

While savages do shoot good that is a FALSE statement! you have encompassed all remingtons and that is ..........well an ignorant statement!
For starters who supplys the militarys snipers with rifles?????????
I have never seen a savage in the hands of a sniper have you???

Everyone has there prefered manufacturer and it is good to have pride in your prefered gun but please don't make claims that JUST ARE NOT TRUE!
Old 07-17-2005, 12:30 PM

ORIGINAL: gorse

Amazing. The BS... the half-*^%ed opinions offered as fact...the insistence that certain people here know EXACTLY what is happening within the confines of Remington's (or others) factories - eventhough they really haven't a clue...... just amazing.

The BS never stops flowing, does it ?
BS doesnt ever stop flowing!

I will say that i think the consumer can change a business's practices if enough are willing to bring the concerns to them. I think remington is changing due to people voicing there concerns.They want to stay in business and the way to do that is listen to the customer.

But your right some folks views flows and even smells of BS!!!!!!

(heck you may even think mine does!)
Old 07-17-2005, 12:48 PM

When I say ruger's are cheaply made, I mean the new deerfields, mini 14's, and those junk lever 44's they make. Its plain and simple, those ruger rifles are JUNK. The older versions are the better ones. As far as a plain jane ruger 77 goes, they are built like tanks with the best part of them being the mauser action.

Savage needs to do away with all the square fore-ended stocks and they need to shorten them by about 1/2" to 3/4".
Old 07-17-2005, 04:40 PM

ORIGINAL: NL

Walmart will order X number of guns from remington and when the guns are made they may take the order or say we will accept it at a lower price than we agreed upon remington makes a cheep gun for them so they can sell at a lower price and keep the sale. Remington is not the only co. they do this to,.
That is total B.S. Walmart orders their guns from the same wholesaler that your local gun store, or Academy, or any other retailer orders them from. They are not specially made for Walmart...that is an internet rumor that is totally false and untrue. Walmarts in my area order all their firearms from Sports South in Louisiana (wholesale only). This is the same wholesaler that every gun shop and store in this area ordersfirearms from. I think if you willinvestigate where your favorite store orders their guns from, you will find it is the same wholesaler that supplies your local Walmart, Academy, etc.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

Agreed. Remington does NOT manufacture cheaper guns just to sell at Walmart.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:16 PM
Fork Horn

broey......I agree 100%.........

Quick Reply: WHAT IS HAPPENING TO REMINGTON?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.