HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Glock 22 (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/92817-glock-22-a.html)

Nunk 03-04-2005 07:09 PM

Glock 22

Thoughts about this gun? Thanks.

bigcountry 03-04-2005 08:40 PM

RE: Glock 22

Hey, I love glocks. rugged, dependable, light, they just work.

T/C fan! 03-04-2005 10:16 PM

If it "fits" your hand and you're wanting a defensive weapon, the Glock is hard to beat!! It's no secret that they're not the prettiest thing to look at, but that was not what they were made for. Gaston Glock developed them to be a simple-operating defensive pistol with good accuracy for a combat weapon and he did very well. Love 'em or hate 'em, they'll be around for ever.

HighDesertWolf 03-04-2005 11:11 PM

nice gun if you like 40's I prefer the 21 which is a 45.

JadeDragon 03-04-2005 11:57 PM

Do yourself a favor and look at Springfields XD series of pistols. They are above and beyond Glock in my opinion.

HighDesertWolf 03-05-2005 12:07 AM

I wont lie XD's are great guns and are every bit as good or better then glocks but I have one problem with the XD they dont make it in a 45. Im actually thinking of getting a XD next but will more then likely get one in 9mm for target practice

JadeDragon 03-05-2005 12:23 AM

I have the Service model(4 inch barrel) in 9mm.

They just started making a tactical model(5 inch barrel) in .45GAP, I don't think they are selling it yet but I read a write-up on it. Tomarrow I'll see if I can find the article.

HighDesertWolf 03-05-2005 12:39 AM

im not a big 45 gap fan, personally i dont see the logic. other then glock wanted to make their own 45 caliber which i feel really is screwing up the 45 market. id buy a XD in a heart beat shoot id buy 2, a 4 inch and 5 inch if they would make it in a 45 acp.

bigcountry 03-05-2005 05:35 AM

I looked at the XD line, and even rented one for a session, I just didn't like it. Maybe it was the fit. Maybe it was mental cause its such a knock off of the glock. I guess the hand safety is great on a 1911. Its been there for so long it would be hard to think of it without it. But one thing I like about the glock is its a all business, no nonsense, no frills gun. That seems to be its whole selling point to me. If I wanted frills I would go get the king of frills, like a berretta or Kimber or the new sig 1911. I am a one side of the street guy.

Nunk 03-05-2005 07:50 AM

Wow. Lotta good replies. THANK YOU!!

bigcountry and TC fan - appreciate the comments.

HiDesertWolf - had the 21. A little too big for my hand. Not comfortable. Traded it in on a Sig P220. Much better.

JadeDragon - Shot an XD on Wed. evening and did not like it. Pinched my hand upon recoil. Nice gun otherwise. Light, pointed well, felt like a Glock in my hand until I shot it. I didn't care for it. JMHO.

bigcountry - that's what I think of the XD. Couldn't quite put my finger on it, just didn't like it as much as the Glock. That, and it pinched my hand after the shot.

Thanks all.