Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Gunbroker.com >

Gunbroker.com

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Gunbroker.com

Old 02-26-2005, 08:53 AM

Default Gunbroker.com

Looking for feedback from anyone whose used this auction and the quality of firearms purchased. lLoks like there may be some bargains if you're patient. Bud's Guns or Discount Gunner have some good pricing but I wonder if they're selling factory seconds.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:16 AM

Default RE: Gunbroker.com

I've used GunBroker.com a couple times, once for purchase of a pistol from a dealer in
California, and once for purchase of a rifle from a private party in Arizona. Both purchases went ok, no problems, and the guns were as described/depicted by photos.

However, be careful. Heed the warnings posted on site. Check out the seller feedback, etc. In most cases you should be okay, but be sure of the item description, etc. before
you bid. If you have any questions about an item, email the seller for additional infor-
mation, or addtl. pictures. Make sure there is an inspection period following your
receipt of the firearm. Most allow three days.
And, be sure you have your local FFL dealer lined up - that he's willing to handle the
transfer for you, and how much your dealer will charge you for the service (most are
$20 to $25).

In many cases, if you're looking for an NIB (new in box) firearm, you can probably get
a good deal from your local gunshop. Remember, whatever the final bid/price is, you will have to add shipping, and the transfer fee before you're done (total of approx. $40 - 50). So, if your local dealer can sell to you for cost + 10%, you might be better off working with your local gunshop.
Where the auction sites really come in handy is for locatiing a discontinued or used item.
That was the case for both of my purchases.
Two other sources you might want to check out are AuctionArms.com, and GunList.
Good luck.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:48 AM

I bought two rifles and a pistol from Gunbroker.com. Got great deals, you just need to know what you are looking for and what a good deal is. Its kind of like ebay, there are great deals mixed in with a bunch of ripoffs. They also have some very unique firearms as well.
Old 02-26-2005, 12:02 PM

I buy most of my guns off gunbroker due to the good deals that can be had.and a few off auctionarms.com.here are a few good deals I got.As stated before check sellers feedback
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...?item=28477682
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...?item=25952372
http://www.auctionarms.com/Closed/Di...mNum=6474385.0
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...?item=26355586

Jim
Old 02-26-2005, 12:19 PM

I've found some good deals there - I did get stuck once on a Colt revolver. One side of the gun had no blueing left - the photo only showed the good side. I should have asked about the other side. I got it, relisted it with two photo's showing the wear and sold it pretty quick. Like others have said - check feedback, it tells the tale of what the person has been up to.
Old 02-26-2005, 12:40 PM
bigcountry

I buy and sell there pretty regularly. I go back to Ky when I want a guns from Buds. I just hate the FFL transfer fees and shipping. I can usually get same price after all that around the area.

Old 02-26-2005, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Had good luck there as well. Always check feedback. Any bad feedback is a heads up for me.
Old 02-26-2005, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought one from Discount Gunner in December. Good guy to do business with. I was pretty nervous about it but would buy from him again. Gun Broker is some fun surfing..expensive also! I seriously doubt you would get stuck messin with him as his feedback is nearly perfect!

I figured out a good way to avoid the FFL transfer fee from the receiving dealer...his prices were pretty decent anyways so I told him if he would transfer the gun in for me I would buy my scope rings and and bases from him...saved myself 20 or 30 bucks and got something I had to have anyways. Check with em..I bet most will do that!
Old 02-26-2005, 10:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

My dealer only charges $10 whether I buy just one or a half dozen so I can't complain .
Old 02-26-2005, 11:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good deal!!

Quick Reply: Gunbroker.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.