Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Suppressors and Full Auto in MD >

Suppressors and Full Auto in MD

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Suppressors and Full Auto in MD

Old 02-21-2005, 03:04 PM
bigcountry

Default Suppressors and Full Auto in MD

What would it take for a suppressor to be legal in MD? Anyone know? I don't want one, but arguing with a guy that said they had them for sale this weekend at a Silverado gun show for the general public. If I am not mistaken, I think Fully auto guns and suppressors in MD can't be bought or sold without a Class III licence.

Is there anything special about getting a Class III if you live in MD?

This guy was trying to tell me that now the brady bill is gone, you can get suppressors.

Old 02-21-2005, 03:24 PM

Default RE: Suppressors and Full Auto in MD

ORIGINAL: bigcountry
What would it take for a suppressor to be legal in MD? Anyone know? I don't want one, but arguing with a guy that said they had them for sale this weekend at a Silverado gun show for the general public. If I am not mistaken, I think Fully auto guns and suppressors in MD can't be bought or sold without a Class III licence.

Check out ATF website, FAQs: http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/index.htm
Old 02-21-2005, 03:57 PM
bigcountry

Have you ever tried to sift thru that page? Surely someone has the answer.

Old 02-21-2005, 04:12 PM

you can own them but must pay $200 tax stamp and get approval ,goto state laws in link for wether your state allows them or not,and there is a how to own link reguarding proceedure
http://www.vectorarms.com/indexframe.html
Old 02-21-2005, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

This guy was trying to tell me that now the brady bill is gone, you can get suppressors.
From what im hearing, the suppressor can be added now, since the ban expired, but fully auto takes alot of paperwork and some extra $$$. Plus Ive also heard that if you own a fully auto in MD you are subject to random inspections by ATF at any time they feel. [:'(]
Old 02-21-2005, 05:43 PM

Flash suppressor are legal but you still need all the paper work And $200 tax stamp for sound suppressors.
And the ATF does not visit your house unless you have class 3 license.it was discussed on uzi talk.
http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showth...threadid=10535
Old 02-21-2005, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

There may be local laws or an ordinance in your state forbid class III ownership, but even during the Brady blackout, full auto and suppressors could be purchased from a class III dealer. There is an in-depth background check by State and Federal agencies. The fed license will cost $200 per item. So if you want a MP-5 with suppressor, you're looking at the cost of the toy, $400 federal transfer fee plus all State and municipal fees.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:01 PM
bigcountry

From what im hearing, the suppressor can be added now, since the ban expired
I dont think so. Just Flash suppressors. Brady bill never had any mention for silencers. They have always been a Class III classification.

Old 02-21-2005, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

From what im hearing, the suppressor can be added now, since the ban expired
I dont think so. Just Flash suppressors. Brady bill never had any mention for silencers. They have always been a Class III classification.
thats what i thought you were talking about, the bird cage flash suppressors. oh well i guess i was wrong.

i ordered my new bushy today,(M4) with FLASH suppressor, and six position stock!!! woohoo!! traded the old one in on it. I guess youll have to shoot the new one now too Mark!!
Old 02-22-2005, 07:11 AM
bigcountry

Oh man, I was hoping to fanagle my way into buying that one you had. I want the heavy barrel.

Quick Reply: Suppressors and Full Auto in MD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.