Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 brain teaser >

brain teaser

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

brain teaser

Old 02-18-2005, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: brain teaser

i have never been in space but i believe gun power will not go off. lack of oxygen. this is an teaser from an old shooting magazine.
Ive been told that there is enough air in the cartridge for the powder to ignite and project the round. If you remember how lance armstrong and i forget the other guys name, but they used a set of colt 45's to propell themselves around the moon atleast thats what its says in the history books.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:03 PM

that's pretty neat never heard that before. does that mean that once a day they had to duck when the bullet came back around.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

that's pretty neat never heard that before. does that mean that once a day they had to duck when the bullet came back around.
HAHAHA
Old 02-18-2005, 05:50 PM
Fork Horn

If you remember how lance armstrong
I don't recall Lance Armstrong cycling to the moon. Now he has done alot of riding but I must have missed the Tour de' Lunar.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:01 PM

ORIGINAL: jdreddish

If you remember how lance armstrong
I don't recall Lance Armstrong cycling to the moon. Now he has done alot of riding but I must have missed the Tour de' Lunar.

I just choked on my chew and fell out of my chair

Mr. .45-70
Old 02-18-2005, 10:53 PM

For those of you who forgot basic high school chemistry...cartriges don't need oxygen to fire. There are oxygenators in the propellant so that they could fire in space without the presence of oxygen. Also...the answers of straight up and down are good answers too. As for the fellow who says that Lance Armstrong got around the moon by firing a .45....what planet did you come from. First off...Lance Armstrong won the Tour de France 6 times, Neil Armstrong first stepped on the moon. Second...if you do the math, that's a hell of a lot of .45 caliber shots to fire to get the boost to go around the moon. It's not like they could have just stuck their hand out a window and popped off a few shots! Second, why in the world would have NASA authorized the carry of a pistol when weight constraints on a space launch were so tight.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats right neil armstrong LOL its been awhile since ive been is school BLAHAHAH i feel like a dumb A** now lol. I do remember though from history class that they did use 45's to move about on the moons surface.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:26 AM

highdesertwolf now you have done it. you woke up the sleeping professer bonedoc is all yours i'm out of here.
Old 02-19-2005, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Any gun straight up or down
Old 02-21-2005, 01:40 PM

Well Green01, what's the answer?

Erik

Rusty Axe Camp

Quick Reply: brain teaser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.