Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 NEW 2005 Simmons Aetec ?? >

NEW 2005 Simmons Aetec ??

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

NEW 2005 Simmons Aetec ??

Old 02-14-2005, 11:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NEW 2005 Simmons Aetec ??

James I still need another scope...you guys are making it hard for me to not try one of them. I have a 44 mag scope that kinda ruined me on Simmons but i guess everything deserves a 2nd chance. I really really like this new Prostaff Nikon i got though. It is a fine scope for the money also. Wonder if I could sell the 44 mag for enough to cover s&h...lmao. Nobody else sems to like em either.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:22 AM

DoeDumper:

I've got a 2.8-10X44 AETEC that doesn't illuminate or have a AO (I loathe AO's, to be honest) and I really like it. It's not on a magnum (only a 30/06), so I guess recoil could bother it with a bigger gun, but I don't know that.

What you thinking about putting it on?
Old 02-15-2005, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

How do you think they will hold up to a 225 grain out of a .338???

I have ben debating back and forth between the Azrec and the Signature Series from Burris??

GHJ
Old 02-15-2005, 11:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Goose, I had a Burris Sign while it held POI and functioned fine, it certainly wasn't a great performer in terms of optical performance for the price IMO. I have since sold it and use a Conquest instead, the optical gain is noticable with the Zeiss over a number other scopes I have tried or owned. I have 2 Conquests now mounted on a 7mm rem mag and 50 cal inline. I have never used a Aetec personally so can't say anything good or bad, just in case your still flippin' coins you may want to take a look at Conquest as well.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

I know that price is no object to some but the Aetec offers those of us (speaking of myself) who can't or won't lay out 350-600 bucks for a scope, a quality tough and reliable scope which IMO rivals scopes costing two or three times as much. Some scope makers have been riding on their name for to long. You can buy a quality scope for a third of what the big guys want for theirs.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:37 PM

Guess there are two ways to look at the Zeiss for me:

1) if I ever buy one, I obviously have enough money to spend 600 on a scope.

2) I hope a rabid monkey escapes from the zoo and beats me with it for spending that much on something that almost certainly isn't worth 3 times as much as what I get out of an AETEC.

That's not to say there is anything wrong with anybody buying a Zeiss, cause there ain't. I'd just be, well, shocked if a Conquest was three times better for what I want than an AETEC is for 140$.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Would be going on a 30/06 or a .270 so the recoil shouldnt hurt it. Around 150 is my limit on em now also James after the Nikon. Natchez has the Aetec pretty cheap now.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

razormatt my post was directed at Goose who mentioned a Burris Sign scope and the price of this scope is the same as a Conquest, merely mentioning the Zeiss based on my experience was better scope for $$$ and should be considering if the Burris Scope was an option. The only reason I posted was in this regard and believed it would worth consideration for Goose (in this case). I mentioned I have no experience with the Aetec so anything I would say would be hersay or ignorance on my part. I personally value advise/opinions from persons who have actually used or compared products.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:44 PM

Yeah, I know.

I was talking about me.

I always figured from what I've read that with scopes it is all in the eye-of-the-beholder.

Some folks have owned Tasco's and Leupolds and like the Tasco's better. I am certain that Kahles, Zeiss, and Swarovski are all wonderful pieces of equipment that would well be worth their weight in gold to many people in many situations.

Yep, I value opinions/advice from folks who know too. Isn't that kinda the point of a place like this? Having an everday gunowner and hunter tell me he likes something is far more important than a guy at a store or a writer that uses 2 thousand dollar guns for shooting squirrels.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

I may have to try the Nikon Pro Staff. I like to try different products. I had a Nikon Buckmaster and I didn't like it and sold it off. Now I know the Buckmaster is supposed to be a good scope and there are not many who have had trouble with them. I could however never get it set the right distance or focus or whatever. I had trouble ever getting the full picture in the scope. I have never read a bad reprt on the Prostaff except in the begining the didn't seem to have the four power listed as a rimfire scope and many people found out the hard way.

Quick Reply: NEW 2005 Simmons Aetec ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.