Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Nosler AccuBond >

Nosler AccuBond

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Nosler AccuBond

Old 02-11-2005, 10:12 PM
RDJ
Spike

Default Nosler AccuBond

I'm looking for some information on the Nosler AccuBond. How does it compare to the Nosler Partition? Is it considered a bullet that is sufficient for elk and moose?
Old 02-11-2005, 10:23 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Nosler AccuBond

Its became one my favorite bullets. I believe it will perform simularly with a Partition with wieght retention and penetration with the advantage of a great bullistic coef. I use it in high speed magnums like my STW and RUM's. I used regular bullistic tips in 270's and 308's.

Old 02-11-2005, 10:25 PM

What's the point in considering the Accubond?
The partition is proven over & over again as top of the list for elk, moose, bear, deer or anything else in N. America that walks on 4 legs and weighs over a hundred pounds. IMHO gg.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:43 PM
RDJ
Spike

Goodguy - I agree, but my 7 mag hates the Nosler Partitions for some reason.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am a big fan of the Accubond...I like the poly tip for reloading, I saw first hand what an Accubond will do on a 225lb deer shot in the chest with a 338 win, penetrated 80% of the body, ended up lodged in the hind leg, and still weighed out at about 65% retained weight. I will eventually have all of my deer guns shooting these, as I run out of my suppies.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

I used a 160gr AB to harvest both an Elk and Moose this past fall out of my 7mm rem mag and it performed JFL. I never found any lead as in both animals the bullets produced pass thrus, good exit holes of 2 - 2 1/2", massive internal damage and dropped the animals within sight of the shot.

I loaded them just to try really but instantly fell in love with the accuracy, which provided a gain over my 160 NP Load. I will be loading them again next fall when I chase elk, so you could say I was impressed, pleased and confident in the AB on larger game. The NP is a proven bullet and no brainer choice if at all worried, the way I see either will work fine so let your rifle make the desicion based on which one shoots the best.
Old 02-11-2005, 11:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

What's the point in considering the Accubond?
The partition is proven over & over again as top of the list for elk, moose, bear, deer or anything else in N. America that walks on 4 legs and weighs over a hundred pounds. IMHO gg.
Why would you not want to try a bullet that performs as well on game as the partition ,has a higher ballistic co-efficient,yet shoots more accurately in many rifles.
Old 02-11-2005, 11:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm using them in my 7mm RM too. Haven't had a chance to take an animal yet but they shoot like a dream and are less than the partition. Also, I've had the partition come to pieces on the two elk I've used them on. They did the job but the nose was gone completely.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nosler AccuBond. How does it compare to the Nosler Partition?
In the Partion the original idea was simply to keep the core from evaporating away from the jacket. A partition was added between the front and back of the bullet to keep the bullet core and jacket together. The lead in front of the pattion might be lost lost , but the core would stay in tact. On average Partitions will retain 60% of its original weight.

The next improvement in bullet design "Bonded bullets", think Swift A-frame here, allowed the front portion of lead to be welded to the jacket to increase weight retention even further. The only problem with most of these bullets was that they were made in a semi spitzer style with flat bases that had poor ballistic capabilties. For example the metal on the tip of the bullet could easily be dented in the magazine during recoil.

Fortunately, this problem had already been solved elsewhere with the ballistic tip bullets. These were being made with pollycarbonate tips and a boat shape tailed bullet. Nosler had its own called the "Ballistic Tip"

By now you should see where this going..

The "Accubond" is a nosler Partition, with a Bonded core, Ballistic Tip point in a boat tailed design.....

"Accubond's" provide the superior accuracy and flatter trajectory of the ballistic tips with reliable expansion and structural integrety of bonded core bullets.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Is it considered a bullet that is sufficient for elk and moose?
For the most part....That is what they are made for....

Quick Reply: Nosler AccuBond

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.