HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Inferior Rounds (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/89005-inferior-rounds.html)

BuckMaster7 02-02-2005 02:33 PM

Inferior Rounds

The .410, 28, and 10 gauge are useless. Especially the .410 and 10 gauge. Why even bother with these gauges? The 20 gauge is light and far superior than those other two small gauges. Also, why would you bother with a 16 gauge? Most of the 16 gauges are built onto a 12 gauge frame to begin with. I would love to see these gauges become extinct. I can't wait till the WSSM and WSM take over the other calibers which are inferior. I have a whole list of inferior rifle rounds that should not be made anymore The WSSMs and WSMs (the 7mm was ruined though) are certainly here to stay. It's too bad they screwed the 7mm WSM. Since, the 7mm WSM has a shorter neck they can't efficiently shoot 175 grain bullets. The shorter neck is what reduced the popularity of the 7mm WSM which is too bad. It was the flattest shooter out of the WSM's. Wake up people, there's a revolution going around.

fatsbucknut 02-02-2005 02:36 PM

RE: Inferior Rounds

How far away can you shoot a goose with a 20 gauge? Even with high brass it cant be close to a 10 gauge.

1dahunter 02-02-2005 02:49 PM

I would have to disagree, the .410 makes a great squirrel or rabbit gun, the 10 gauge is super for geese and turkey. The 20 and 12 gauge have their place also. Now for rifle caliburs you sound like a fan of the mags and thats ok to each his own but I personally dont think that there is anything wrong with the 7mm, I dont use it my self I prefer the good ole 30.06 it does everything I need with out having to go to a magnum. I have an Idea why dont we just make all caliburs and gauges obsolete and then we can shoot .50BMG'S I apolagize for being sarcastic but who made you the judge? You are more than welcome to express your opinions but there are a lot of people here that shoot all kinds of caliburs and gauges. So if you think a certain calibur or gauge should be obsolete then dont buy them but dont think everyone is going to agree with your opinions and thats what they are your opinions. Jimmy

halcon 02-02-2005 02:50 PM

such wisdom

Mike01 02-02-2005 02:54 PM

Well I'm gonna figure you probably want the .243/25-06 outta here to as being to small, eh? Honestly, if you like those mag's that fine, but still many people really don't care for the kick of those mag's, and honestly, there ain't alotta people who can actually use the distance those guns can shoot....The 270 or 30-06 goes way beyond most shooters abilities, why need more?

BuckMaster7 02-02-2005 03:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Mike01

Well I'm gonna figure you probably want the .243/25-06 outta here to as being to small, eh? Honestly, if you like those mag's that fine, but still many people really don't care for the kick of those mag's, and honestly, there ain't alotta people who can actually use the distance those guns can shoot....The 270 or 30-06 goes way beyond most shooters abilities, why need more?
Yeah. The kick is only about 2 more in recoil energy and maybe even less. The 25 WSSM uses 14% less in powder than the 25-06 and does just as good. Big things come in small packages. That is true about the people not being able to shoot that far but another great reason to have them is because of the reduced weight of the gun. It's almost like buying a titanium rifle.

m.t.hands 02-02-2005 03:08 PM

sounds like to me you've never been shot[:-]

BuckMaster7 02-02-2005 03:09 PM

ORIGINAL: fatsbucknut

How far away can you shoot a goose with a 20 gauge? Even with high brass it cant be close to a 10 gauge.
I don't know exactly but I know you could shoot turkeys 40 yards away with them. The new loads for waterfowl give you the choice to go down 3 sizes so 20 guage is plenty.

Nanook85 02-02-2005 03:11 PM

Especially the .410 and 10 gauge
Since when is the 10 guage worthless? Like 1dahunter said, it's great for turkey and it's powerful deer medicine.

JagMagMan 02-02-2005 03:37 PM

If you don't like a particular guage or caliber, you are free not to buy them!
Don't expect anyone to worship your choice though!