HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Burris Fullfield? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/88244-burris-fullfield.html)

bigcountry 01-28-2005 04:15 PM

RE: Burris Fullfield?

Well, shoot, it says it on a web page it has to be real.

by the way where does it say it there?

Doe Dumper 01-28-2005 04:16 PM

Burris 3-9x40 Fullfield II Rifle Scope Send this page to a friend

For a limited time receive a FREE Burris 20x50 Landmark Spotting Scope with the purchase of a Burris 3-9x40 Fullfield II, Ballistic Plex rifle scope.

Specifications 3-9x40
Weight (oz.): 13

Length (in.): 12.2
Eye Relief (in.): 3.8 - 3.1
Field of View @ 100yds (ft.): 33 - 13
Exit Pupil (mm.): 12.9 - 4.7
MOA: 1/4
Lens Coating: Fully Multi-Coated
Warranty: Forever

Thats straight off your page...as I said..the spotting scope IS China made..the scope has a forever warranty and is still made in USA!

newguy23 01-28-2005 05:57 PM

I did make a mistake on the warranty... It is forever... My mistake... However the scope is made and assembled in the phillipines... You can call up Burris and ask them... SWFA has discussed this issue on their bulletin board... www.optictalk.com.

The FFII is not made in the USA! It is made in the phillipines!

Doe Dumper 01-28-2005 06:08 PM

I guess I musta got a good one then as mine has Made in USA on it...maybe old stock.

jdreddish 01-28-2005 06:38 PM

I called them myself about a month ago when I was looking for a new scope. They told me the 3-9X40 and the 4.5-14x42 are now assembled in the Philippines.

Check out this link. This guy got the same prepared statement they read to me over the phone.

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1380&PN=4

jones123 01-28-2005 07:11 PM

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

Burris is also the only scope that is made entirely in the United States.
Zeiss Conquest is entirely US made. All other Zeisses are eurpoean.

Burris has the best USA made reputation, but they import lenses for many scopes, as does Leupold.

This is bound to change year to year as they try to match ouput to market.

My info source is a moderator at the SWFA site, which a few have links to above.

bigbulls 01-28-2005 07:26 PM

Well they must have just recently changed them to the over seas assemblers. Last time I went to the Burris plant they were still making the full fields in Greeley. They were also grinding and polishing their own glass.

I'm gonna have to check this out.

speedgator 01-28-2005 09:05 PM

For what it's worth, mine came with a "Made in the Phillipines" sticker on it. They still do have the lifetime warranty though. I am a bit upset, since I had originally gone with Burris thinking I would keep jobs stateside and expected it to be made here. Oh well.

jones123 01-28-2005 10:01 PM

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

Well they must have just recently changed them to the over seas assemblers. Last time I went to the Burris plant they were still making the full fields in Greeley. They were also grinding and polishing their own glass.

I'm gonna have to check this out.
Wait, I didn't mean they are assembling overseas, except on a few models. I meant they are buying lenses overseas for a few models. They still do grind and polish most of their own glass, just not all of it.

If you were Burris, and you could buy chinese lenses that met your standards for half the cost, and you needed these lenses to meet demand, well . . .

I am curious to hear what you find out. I am no expert, just a guy who cares to buy American wherever I can and reads what he can. Keep posting.

bigbulls 01-28-2005 10:05 PM

I don't know if they will be there tomorow or not but I will definetly give them a call and let you know what they tell me.