Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Guns
 Shipping accessories to Canada (Heads Up)! >

Shipping accessories to Canada (Heads Up)!

Guns Buy, sell, or trade your guns and gun accessories here.

Shipping accessories to Canada (Heads Up)!

Old 01-26-2005, 08:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Shipping accessories to Canada (Heads Up)!

Everyone,

Remember my post about a month ago, where I mentioned that big Simmons Pro Hunter 4-12x40 scope that I had and sold on Ebay? A guy up in British Columbia, Canada won it. No problems, everything went great, paid in full, feedback profile done, etc...etc...

Then, the "red tape" started with UPS Ground shipping to Canada. Everything was done and processed with UPS, paperwork done, customs clearance documents done, yada yada yada....

The rifle scope made it all the way into Vancouver, B.C. and Canadian customs denied it and kicked it back. It came back to the USA for further paperwork and for other reasons unknown. The USA sent it back across the border, apparantly telling Canada "Excuse me, duh!! It's only a rifle scope!" Canada came back saying, "Sorry, it is a firearm accessory and we don't allow firearm shipping to Canada". Take it back".

USA: What? it's only a flippin' scope!
Canada: Doesn't matter. It's a "firearm accessory".
USA: It's a scope, obtainable anywhere, you can buy one over the counter at K-Mart!
Canada: Still doesn't matter. It's legally deemed a "firearm accessory". Sorry...

Anyway, as you see, the USA and Canada have been playing Volleyball with the Simmons rifle scope!!!! Now the latest word I got from UPS is the rifle scope is flatly denied in customs and is marked "return to sender - unacceptable item". [:@]

So long story short.... For anyone who is buying or selling to Canada, let this post be a huge "Heads Up" for you all. It doesn't matter with UPS, FedEx, DHL, Airborne Express, Post Office, or whatever carrier service.... Canadian Customs service will flatly deny anything that is deemed a firearm accessory!!! [:@]

Butch A.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:05 PM
Spike

Default RE: Shipping accessories to Canada (Heads Up)!

I know others that have had this same problem. You can get them sent through to the Republic of Kanada by not proclaiming it as a rifle scope on the customs documents. It is claimed as an optical device or a monocular for a "high speed lead delivery system".
Old 02-04-2005, 10:29 AM

Hey if you guys want I can get the item into Cdn via my indian status and NY post office box address, then I can redirect to Cdn buyer once I get it across border, no duty/no tax

Wingset
Old 02-09-2005, 04:04 AM

I'VE HAD SMALL THINGS LIKE CHOKE TUBES AND RECOIL PADS SHIPPED INTO CANADA , WHAT YOU DO IS HAVE THE SENDER MARK THEM AS A GIFT OR REPLACEMENT/WARRENTY PARTS. THIS NO GUARANTEE, BUT IT HAS WORKED SO FAR. MOST PACKAGES HAVE BEEN OPENED SO MY GUESS IS THAT THE "HIGHLY TRAINED"PERSONIAL WITH CUSTOMS DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR, SO IF YOU DON'T TELL THEM IT WILL LIKELY GET THOUGH IF IT'S NOT OBVIOUS . JUST MY$.02 GOOD LUCK
Old 02-18-2005, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a crock of horse dung....... Canada is sooooo FUBR. Canada should change the name of their country to Canadung. But what do you expect for a country that started from french origin
Old 02-22-2005, 11:00 PM

I have been shipping hunting supplies to customers in Canada for the past 5 years with no problem. I ship the items through the postal service. I never had a problem.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:52 AM

LOL canada oh canada . If you mark it (DURGS do not open it may pass) seem to come into this country easy .
Old 02-24-2005, 06:15 AM
JPF
Fork Horn

I'm from Canada, i just bought a scope off ebay, the seller said he would ship it as a gift or as factory warranty, he seemed to think that would cover me for customs.
It should be here by the end of the week or early next week.
ill let you know if it works out
Old 02-24-2005, 07:52 AM

One of the Big problems is shipping it UPS! These morons charge duty on stuff that has no duty applied to it and then pocket it. They call it brokerage fees but they`ll charge a small fortune for a little package. Always ship USPS. And get inventive with the name of what your shipping, a ported choke tube can become a thread pipe reemer, lol.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:54 AM

ORIGINAL: Turk_man--Always ship USPS. And get inventive with the name of what your shipping, a ported choke tube can become a thread pipe reemer, lol.
About a month ago I sent a take off synthetic rifle stock to Alberta for a friend using USPS. On the green ticket, I declared it a rifle stock. My friend had boxed it in a Boyd's box saying gunstocks etc. Well guess what, we should have been more inventive, because it bounced and came back and lost 12$ worth of postage on the deal.

I'm sending it to Arizona today and bet it won't come back from there.

JD

Quick Reply: Shipping accessories to Canada (Heads Up)!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.