Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Guns
 Shipping accessories to Canada (Heads Up)! >

Shipping accessories to Canada (Heads Up)!

Community
Guns Buy, sell, or trade your guns and gun accessories here.

Shipping accessories to Canada (Heads Up)!

Old 12-20-2005, 08:56 AM

Default RE: Shipping accessories to Canada (Heads Up)!

Kinda off topic but is thata Viszla???
Old 04-16-2006, 12:34 PM

ORIGINAL: HighDesertWolf

Thats a crock of horse dung....... Canada is sooooo FUBR. Canada should change the name of their country to Canadung. But what do you expect for a country that started from french origin
Now there is somereally intelligent comments from the peanut gallery.
I'd bet this kind of comment could really help the situation.
Perhaps yourself and the other ass####s from the Canadian customs could get together and straighten things out..........Ya

Old 02-05-2007, 11:58 AM

Easy there big fella... lets not get into country bashing...

[:@][:@]
ORIGINAL: HighDesertWolf

Thats a crock of horse dung....... Canada is sooooo FUBR. Canada should change the name of their country to Canadung. But what do you expect for a country that started from french origin
Old 03-24-2007, 11:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

tallyman advice is right on target, ship USPS. Problems isn't customs but UPS. They are a joke in every facet, having dealt with them both business and personal related, at all costs I refrain as often as possible. They charge brokerage fees on every item, even when they have no declared value(legit declared values BTW).

FWIWI have bought a lot of "telescopes", etc from the US and never a hitch. Most have been shipped by USPS but have received a few items via fedex as well. Again tallyman comments ring true with every seller that i have dealt with they know what to do. I know many guys here whohave ordered gunstock from boyds, richards, etc - all cases the item discription was vague (for example"custom wood product") and they all were del. without a hitch.

As far as the country bashing....

They give the Custom Officaljobs to some real winners on both sides of the 49th! I have had some real SOB's in my travels to the good ole US of A!

Old 04-22-2008, 11:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

may consider calling it a lens, or camera scope....lens....

or binoculars....spotting scope
Old 05-20-2008, 06:32 PM

To let everyone know. It is not a Canadian issue it is an American generated problem. THE BATF or someything like that under the Anti-terrorist banner. Has made it illegal to export out of USA without a permit. The permit is expensive so it is typically only obtained by businesss. I believ it US government requires that the Canadian importer present a document from Canada allowing this proposed transaction. To satisfy that US requirement Canadian residents may apply for an International Import Certificate (IIC).
This applie to all barrels and any items over $100. Of course no 50cal. becaus that is a weapon of mass destrufction. We all know all the terorists live in Canada. So see it is USA and not them. We set the rule.

Old 05-21-2008, 11:22 PM

i've also bought a scope off ebay with no problems and it was opened by customs also i got it no problem.right now i'm in the process of buying a inline muzzleloader from a guy in michigan,and the only way he can ship to me is ups the others refused him flat.
the only thing a canadian needs to clear customs for a muzzy is a certificate from the canadian firearms center.this certificate preregisters the gun to the guy in canada that makes it legal to import it.muzzleloaders are not even considerd a firearm in the states [got the email from the atf ]so as long as the muzzleloader has the certificate a canadian can bring it thru the border no problem.
the problem is usps and the other shippers have so many rules and codes that they can't know them all.and that is the most frustrating part off the whole thing.
go to this link then scroll down to page 2 paragraff C

http://www.access.gpo.gov/bis/ear/pdf/ccl0.pdf

here it says that their are no restrictions on muzzleloaders with calibers under 20mm are no controlled for export.11mm is about a 45cal.and if it is not controled for export it can be shipped EAR99 [no liecence required]
even with this info usps and others still refuse to mail or ship muzzleloaders just goes to show u that sum people are egnorant and pig headed.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:42 PM
Spike

Default canadian shipping

Originally Posted by bec3077
Hey if you guys want I can get the item into Cdn via my indian status and NY post office box address, then I can redirect to Cdn buyer once I get it across border, no duty/no tax

Wingset
hi id like to buy some items from the us but the shipping cost is unreal/wondering if your offer to ship to you and then you forward it is strill open
Old 11-13-2011, 11:52 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by HighDesertWolf
Man, you are a typical ignorant American. You don't have a clue what you are talking about. Canada was NOT started from French Origin, Canada was a British Colony, not French. Is Canada perfect, absolutley not, but neither is the states. And for the record, Canada is consistently rated above the US by a wide margin as far as best places to live in the world. And just to clarify, not all Americans are ignorant, however the ones that are tend to spout off there mouths and insult anything that is not American without having a clue what they are talking about.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was going to say USPS as well..
Once I tried going across the US boarder with 3 pieces of chopped wood in the back of my truck.. It was wood
The US officers hauled my ass into the office and started giving my a lecture and questioned me for an good 45 min about what I was going to do with 3 pieces of birch wood in my truck..
All that happened was I used it to hold the edges of a tarp down..
Just shoved it down between the tarp and the box walls as added weight, than strapped over top..When I was done doing my garbage dump task, took everything out but left the wood..
I never thought to take it out.. Birch grows on both sides of the boarder.. Learned a lesson.. US thinks they can get the Pine Beattle from Birch Trees.. It's Pine Trees Idiots..

Quick Reply: Shipping accessories to Canada (Heads Up)!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.