Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Guns
 Shipping accessories to Canada (Heads Up)! >

Shipping accessories to Canada (Heads Up)!

Community
Guns Buy, sell, or trade your guns and gun accessories here.

Shipping accessories to Canada (Heads Up)!

Old 02-25-2005, 09:41 AM

Default RE: Shipping accessories to Canada (Heads Up)!

Good advice - thanks!
Old 03-02-2005, 01:17 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks for the heads up Butch. I bought a German scope from Germany last summer, no problem. Got it in about 2 weeks. I will keep this in mind if I buy anything from Canada, or sell anything to Canada.
Old 03-03-2005, 07:23 PM
JPF
Fork Horn

Just letting you know that the scope that i bought off ebay from a guy in the states came in today (to Canada), no troubles at all, it was shipped USPS air mail, as a gift.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:19 PM
Typical Buck

It sucks having these problems!!!! I've tried and it's been no problem and big problem[:@] All I can say is do your research prior to buying or selling. Believe me I wish it was easier too...look at what happened in Minnesota yesterday and the RCMP last week. When will they figure out it's not the guns fault it's the idiots behind them[:@][:@]FrustratedJDinAB
Old 04-25-2005, 01:01 PM

ORIGINAL: ButchA

.... Canadian Customs service will flatly deny anything that is deemed a firearm accessory!!! [:@]

Butch A.

This isn't absolutely true, Butch, but unfortunately that doesn't help with your particular transaction. Individual Customs officers have a lot of power to screw up and misinterpret our regulations, which certainly do not prohibit the importation of optical sighting devices for firearms. And then we run up against the universal reflex of the bureacratic mind to stubbornly refuse to consider that they might have got it wrong and actually go and look up the rule.

Since you were shipping to a B.C. address the package would go through Vancouver, and it appears there is at least one individual in Customs there who has appointed herself to prevent firearms and anything to do with them from infesting her country. (There is a reason we give that part of our country the nickname "The Left Coast".)

Please don't give up on your friends up here. It is hard enough getting our hands on some of the great gear that is available in the U.S. because we are such a small market it isn't worth the paperwork for some manufacturers to export here.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:44 PM
KEM

Default Border Jerks Stike Again!!!

I am Canadian but live in ND now and its not that its an accesory for guns or anything else. The problem is you got one of the real dumb guys who couldn't get a job pumping gas but could work for the government. I take tone of stuff back and forth and frequently my dad orders from cabelas. Its just a lottery tickit anytime you deal with customs. I suggest the same as others have. Decription is everything! Monocular or whatever doesn't have to do with guns.

I appoligize for the Canadian customs people. Remember the tipical customs guy (both US and Canada) is the one who natuaral selection and birth control failed to take care of!
Old 09-18-2005, 08:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well. let's see..... should I ship it UPS or FedEx??????

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v444/eldeguello/X-Press.jpg
Old 10-08-2005, 06:32 PM

Elldequello...I have always had better luck shipping with FED EX. I shipped a remmy model 7 to my dad in Albequerque, NM to do some custom loads and the only company that would touch it (mind you this is a long arm being shipped state to state in the US) was FED EX. USPS and UPS did not want anything to do with it.Except for monthly bills I do not use the USPS for anything related to hunting if I can avoid it. I will never use UPS again. As for customs...The guy that made the comment about "not being able topump gas" He could not be more correct if he did months of research on the topic. It does not matter what country you are dealing with...The governmental agencies are always mired in S--T. Good luck!!!!
Old 10-18-2005, 08:32 PM
SCR

ORIGINAL: bec3077

Hey if you guys want I can get the item into Cdn via my indian status and NY post office box address, then I can redirect to Cdn buyer once I get it across border, no duty/no tax

Wingset
Umm...I realize I'm new here and everything but....this is exactly who you DON"T want to deal with.

Sure I'll send you my $1000.00+ firearm to your box address in New York. And of course you'll just simplybring it on over with you across the border to me (because you have nothing better to do) out of the kindness of your heart. Right.

Thanks anyway dude
Old 12-18-2005, 01:23 PM

I have been selling scopes, mounts, bipods, muzzle brakes and other "firearms accessories" on the internet for several years. I ship in the United States and worldwide, including Canada, Australia, England, Europe and other anti-firearms countries. I have never lost a shipment or had one returned because of a customs problem. My philosphy has always been "You’ve got to understand the rules if you want to play the game."

Here are some of the rules
:

Rule #1
. UPS Customs Inspectors are UPS employees!! Stuff coming into the US is inspected by American UPS employees. Stuff going into Canada is inspected by Canadian UPS employees. UPS knows their employees are not too bright and, therefore, must cover their derierres. UPS makes extra rules so that UPS will be "safe." They are a private company and must kiss up to the Canadian anti-gun politicians or lose their license to operate in Canada. Figure it out!

Rule #2
. Ship everything you can by US mail. If you read the International Postal Customs Regulations for Canada on the US Post Office website (www.USPS.com) , the only firearms items prohibited are: "Firearms, including prohibited and restricted weapons, may not be mailed to Canadian addressees from outside Canada."
[ul][*]There is nothing mentioned about firearms accessories. Firearms accessories are not "weapons". [*]I ship everything I can via Priority Mail in the US and by Global Priority Mail or Airmail Letter Post overseas, including Canada. I use flat rate envelopes when I can. I can ship up to four pounds in a flat rate envelope to any place in Canada for $7.00. I first enclose the items in a plastic Priority Mail or Global Priority Mail envelope and stuff that into the cardboard Flat Rate envelopes.[/ul]Rule #3 : Never refer to guns or firearms related terms on customs forms. Keep the description non-descriptive.
[ul][*]Mark the customs form as a "gift" or "other" [*]A rifle scope is a "telescope." [*]A scope mount is a "telescope mount" [*]Scope rings are "telescope mounting rings" [*]A rifle bipod is a "bipod." [*]A muzzle brake is a "gas tube."[/ul]Rule #4: Always declare "used, wholesale value" on customs forms.
[ul][*]Ref: (www.USPS.com) "Goods valued under 20 Canadian dollars (about 16-17 US dollars) are duty and excise tax exempt. Goods over 20 Canadian dollars will be subject to the applicable duties and excise taxes. Gift shipments received by mail that are valued under 60 Canadian dollars are duty and excise tax exempt." [*]Split shipmentsto keep weight under 4 lbs and value under US $16.00[/ul]Rule #5: Wrappackages really well. Use lots of tape. If the package looks like it will be hard to open for inspection, the inspectors will look for something easier to open.

Quick Reply: Shipping accessories to Canada (Heads Up)!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.