Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 remington 710 >

remington 710

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

remington 710

Old 01-24-2005, 10:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: remington 710

sickenemy187:

Don't waist your hard earned money on a Remingtom Model 710. Good luck.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

sickenemy---If you are also considering a savage, as per the pm I got, you might have to say something about that as well in your post here. Savage would be a good choice for the budget minded
hb
Old 01-25-2005, 03:18 PM

I have a 710 in .270, it's the biggest P.O.S. that I've ever owned! It's only redeeming quality is that it is very accurate. Just make sure that you don't have to make a quick follow up shot with it! The bolt will more than likely come out in your hand! If I'd known what a turd it was, I'd have spent a little extra and got a Savage or something else. Save yourself the frustration and heartache and buy somehting else. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt!
Old 01-25-2005, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I recommend a Savage for the budget minded buyers. The Remington 710 leaves allot to be desired.Savage is a much better rifle for about the same money. If a Remington is a must get a 700 ADL , a much better rifle.If a 710 is all you can afford hold off until you can save a little more. Buy a decent rifle instead of a lower end rifle like the 710.It might be a long time until you can buy another one. Buy one you'll be happy with and not regret buying down the road. I have never seen one gun have so many negitive comments that has been posted on this forum. I knew it wouldn't be long until another 710 topic reappeared.Check some of the archives. After reading them you're bound to have second thoughts.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 01-31-2005, 07:36 AM

Hey driftrider, or should i say ''Money BAGS'', I don't buy guns out of ''Despiration''. I don't believe in wishing harm on anyone but maybe someday God will put you in a situation like mine and you'll have to sell all your fancy guns so that you will be able to provide for your family like i have. And further more, growing up as a Poor farm boy, I will bet my Cheap Ole 30-30 has killed more deer than any of your high priced guns have ever seen...JUST MY OPINION.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:28 AM
bigcountry

JOE, no reason to get your feelings hurt. This is a forum to voice opinons on the rifles.

For the first time, I happen to agree with drift even if he usually full of bolonia

Old 01-31-2005, 08:36 AM

joe-beef: In regards to the rem 710, if you like it buy it. If you can't afford expensive guns go with the cheaper ones. Live by your budget.
Truthfully gun prices are getting out of hand. Hunting is turning into a rich mans sport.
I am not impressed with the Rem 710. I had sold one to a customer, we in turn had to send it back to the factory three times for repairs. The customer turned around and sold it, cause of all the problems they were having with it. Some people have good luck with them and some don't. One guy told me they make good boat anchors. Everybody has their own opinion on what to buy. You take the good with the bad.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:56 AM

The 710 is the cheapest thing remington has to offer. The 700 family ADL, BDL etc. is quite a bit better. Triggers are a bit tough but you can work them. While I do own a few 700's I don't own any 710s. I have yet to hear anything good about them except they are cheap.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:28 PM

Savage
www.savageshooters.com
Old 02-03-2005, 08:07 AM

Hey Bigcountry , You're right. Theres no sense getting upset over spilt milk. I just made a mistake in buying the 710 instead of a Savage and ''drift'' kind of poured salt on my wounds, you know how it is. I sent an email to Remington two days ago asking them if they could fix the problem with the trigger but i hav'nt got a reply yet. And while i'm at it i might as well admitt that when the bolt is pulled back on the 710 it strikes the cone of the cheek on the stock. I told Remington about this also. I hope they will let me upgrade or something. One thing i know for sure is that i will NEVER buy another gun from WAL-MART. I will go to my local gun store where i can at least put the bolt in and try out the trigger. ...I will let you all know how well REMINGTON stands behind there standards of quality.

Quick Reply: remington 710

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.