Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Zeiss Conquest vs. Kahles scope on TC Omega? >

Zeiss Conquest vs. Kahles scope on TC Omega?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Zeiss Conquest vs. Kahles scope on TC Omega?

Old 01-18-2005, 07:47 PM
Spike

Default RE: Zeiss Conquest vs. Kahles scope on TC Omega?

I have used both .I have had to send my conquest back more than once for repairs, end cap coming off and power ring not turing. I would go with a Kahles 3-9x42 . Its the best of the 2, for me.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Kahles scopes are defiantly better quality scopes then Conquest. The only disadvantage is the warranty as skeeter mentioned but if that’s not an issue for go for the Kahles scope.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've owned two Conquests and getting ready to buy another. These are simply the best scopes in their price range in my experience. My 3-9x40 has sat atop my .300 Weatherby for almost 4 years now and some 750 rounds and hasn't given me any problems whatsoever.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm on my second Conquest as well and getting ready to buy a 4.5-14x44 .
Old 01-19-2005, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I just sold my 4.5-14x44 Conquest. There was nothing wrong with the scope, it was terrific and in like new condition. It just didn't suit my particular needs since I do about 99.9% of my hunting in the woods. I don't have a need for the side parallax adjustment. I'm replacing it with either another 3-9x40 or the 3.5-10x44. I'm tempted to go with the 3.5-10 because of the bigger objective, but I think the 3-9 with it's more generous eye relief would probably be better for me. What do you think?
Old 01-19-2005, 10:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would probably go with the 3-9x40 in lieu of the 3.5-10 . That 3-9 is a great scope. I am putting the 4.5-14 on a Sendero I have.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

I just compared the two scopes and threw in the Vari X III and the Nikon Monarch. I was , as an Austrian descendant, a little upset that Kahles went so high on there prices. Cabelas- 3x9 plex Kahles in 2004 was $589.99 now 2005- $799.99. Ok I understand the US dollar is down to the Euro, but please. And realistically the Kahles was only a hair bit better than the Zeiss. I think the Zeiss, to my eye anyway, was better than the Vari X III and the Nikon. Don't get me wrong...I have 4 Leupold scopes and a Nikon camera that has yet to take a bad picture. However the Zeiss Conquest was awesome. The sales person at Gander Mountain warned me not to attach it to anything larger than a 300 win mag. I'm not sure if I load my Omega to 150grains if that will cause any damage?

Thanks for all the advice and opions. I'll be saving for the Zeiss.

-Mathewsconquest2
Old 01-27-2005, 09:25 AM
bigcountry

The sales person at Gander Mountain warned me not to attach it to anything larger than a 300 win mag.
He's full of bull if your talking about the conquest. I know people with them on thier 338 RUM's. First I ever heard of them not able to take recoil.

Old 01-27-2005, 10:00 AM
Fork Horn

Big Country,
I thought it sounded strange what the Gander sales person said. What would a 150grain of Pyrodex in my Omega be equal to in a centerfire rifle caliber?

-Mathewsconquest2
Old 01-27-2005, 10:04 AM
bigcountry

Shock is different. I myself don't find 150gr of powder to be harsh like most claim. Maybe cause I use a good recoil pad.

I will be the first to admit, that I probably haven't heard or know everything. But with all the people I now conquests, I figure I would hear something or another about recoil affecting them. I do know alot of people that has sent back thier leupolds at least once for fogging or suspected recoil issues.

Quick Reply: Zeiss Conquest vs. Kahles scope on TC Omega?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.